Endless Restarting

Hi

I recently built a new computer post Christmas and after completing the build I found out i have what seems to be a motherboard problem. Whenever I start up my computer normally, my monitor does not pick up any input signal even though all leds and fans are working inside my case, but after about 10s the computer dies. But plot twist the computer then restarts again on its own accord and repeats the same process until I turn of the PSU at the wall. The way I've figured out how to get aground this is resetting the BIOS (by taking out the battery). Upon doing this my computer boots up fine, and then reboots find unless I leave it for several hours because then the problem arises again.

Specs:

I5 6600k

Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi Rev 1.0

EVGA GTX 1060

16GB Hyperx RAm

Thanks for any help in advance

Edit: Can't spell

What power supply are you using? 

Try it with a single stick of ram and alternate between the two sticks, could be bad ram.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Ouch that is quite a bummer. By the sound of it, it really is a motherboard or a PSU problem. If you have other components at your disposition, maybe try to test all other components to really eliminate any other potential culprits. Maybe boot with one RAM stick in different RAM slots, change the power supply, try to boot without your GPU.

Otherwise just RMA that board :/

Edit: Other idea, maybe try to install the newest BIOS if possible.

This requires some diagnostic work, try a different PSU, try the CPU, RAM and GPU on a different Mobo, single RAM stick alternating between the two till you find out what is defected.

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

K thanks for all the feed back, but after doing some of what you guys suggested I noticed a pin on my motherboard was bent into another, this was causing the system to short hence the restarting, I bent this back into place and now everything works. I don't know why I got these weird symptoms, but thanks to all those who helped.