Realistically how cheap are you expecting Ryzen quad cores to start at?

With Intel's entry level quad cores being around $180 USD mark, what are you expecting the equivalent Ryzen CPU to set you back? 

Imo they're going to have to undercut Intel by a decent chunk to capture the market. Something like an i5 6400 is more than enough for the vast majority of gamers, pc users etc so i'm not sure extra performance would really help.

Is $150 cheap enough for that equivalent performance? 

i think it will be cheapest quad core will be at least 150 usd, most it will cost will be 200 usd. personally most excited for the 8 core.  

Shit, if they come out at $150 I'm picking one up as soon as I could. My i3 could use that kind of upgrade

Realistically? 140-150$ usd. Hopefully? 100$. That'll probably never happen but I can dream. I don't expect them to fully match intel's 4core with a ryzen 4core but hopefully they do anyway, or the price is low enough to justify it. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

i believe they might start at $175 and then go down over time don't see them being very expensive or that cheap but they want to be probably a little bit lower than Intel for marketing purposes BUT who really knows?

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

AMD does.

what if they dont? lol

i agree

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

【=◈︿◈=】

\\ CPU i7-6700k @ 4.4ghz(1.26v) \\ GPU | 1070 FE 8GB  // Audio FiiO E10k / AT M50X //

\\ Monitor | LG 29UM69G-B \\ Phone LG G6 H870DS // Nintendo Switch //

I think the entry level Ryzen CPU will be around $149.99 USD, but the entry level won't be as good as the Ryzen CPU they pitted against an i7-6900k in a performance benchmark at the AMD event before CES 2017 that showed off Ryzen back when it was just called "zen". As for being equivalent to an i5 6400, I think the entry model would under preform it, but by such a small amount it wouldn't even be noteworthy 

14 minutes ago, richardthecool said:

I think the entry level Ryzen CPU will be around $149.99 USD, but the entry level won't be as good as the Ryzen CPU they pitted against an i7-6900k in a performance benchmark at the AMD event before CES 2017 that showed off Ryzen back when it was just called "zen". As for being equivalent to an i5 6400, I think the entry model would under preform it, but by such a small amount it wouldn't even be noteworthy 

I think realistically they're going to need that type of price point. Because if you can get an Intel CPU for $10 more both with similar performance I don't see that many people switching to Ryzen.

I would hope for some form of quad core in the $120-140 range. It may not quite match an entry level i5, but as long as it easily out performs the i3 twin-core than its doing its job.