GPU not working after HDD change????

Hello everyone

I just got a new hard drive.

I turned off the PC, unplugged it, plugged the new one in, removed the GPU(I did this because I can't see BIOS through the GPU as no signal is delivered until windows has started), plugged the VGA cable into the MOBO and than proceeded to install Win 10 on the new Toshiba 1TB HDD. I than (once done) shut down the PC, re-inserted the GPU and..... nothing.... absolutely nothing. The GPU fan was spinning at I think around 40-50% and the monitor wasn't receiving signal. I tried restarting, re-installing Win 10, I tried to disable onboard graphics from the BIOS (after having re-removed the GPU) and still no signal. I see no reason why it should have died as it is only a month old but that looks like what's happened... Any suggestions before I bring it back to wootware?

Thanks in advance 4 the help.

And no, I have no other PC to test it on and no other PCI-E slot in the MOBO.

Sys specs:

intel Pentium G4400 @3.30 GHz CPU

4GB DDR4 Ram Corsair ValueSelect

1TB Toshiba HDD

Zotac GTX 1050 Mini 2 GB GDDR5 GPU

MSI H110M PRO-VD MOBO

Corsair VS350 PSU

Do more troubleshooting. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Do more troubleshooting. 

like? I can't find any other help online...

Put everything back in, clear cmos. Also have the sound on so you would be able to hear windows start incase the monitor just isn't waking up.

OR

Turn igpu on and keep the card in. Ensure the card shows up in the device manager. Re install drivers. Then if its there, just shut down and connect the monitor to the card. Don't change anything in the bios.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, Mick Naughty said:

Put everything back in, clear cmos. Also have the sound on so you would be able to hear windows start incase the monitor just isn't waking up.

OR

Turn igpu on and keep the card in. Ensure the card shows up in the device manager. Re install drivers. Then if its there, just shut down and connect the monitor to the card. Don't change anything in the bios.

There is a problem. I can't check if the card is seen in the device manager as when the card is connected NO OUTPUT is delivered by ANY MOBO or GPU outlets. whatever I connect to my monitor I still get no signal. About the sound, it does start up I'm sure because the keyboard lights goes mad (as usual) and flash in the same pattern as when I use integrated graphics. Also, how do I do the igpu thing ?

Thanks for the reply

1 minute ago, fcortese said:

There is a problem. I can't check if the card is seen in the device manager as when the card is connected NO OUTPUT is delivered by ANY MOBO or GPU outlets. whatever I connect to my monitor I still get no signal. About the sound, it does start up I'm sure because the keyboard lights goes mad (as usual) and flash in the same pattern as when I use integrated graphics. Also, how do I do the igpu thing ?

Thanks for the reply

You would have to go into the bios to turn it on as the primary display. Cant tell you how without having the manual or you looking it up. That's the only way you can use igpu with a card installed.

If you can hear windows start or know its started, cycle your input on the monitor. Or hit the restart button, mine did that twice last night and the monitor wouldn't come back on.

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

You would have to go into the bios to turn it on as the primary display. Cant tell you how without having the manual or you looking it up. That's the only way you can use igpu with a card installed.

If you can hear windows start or know its started, cycle your input on the monitor. Or hit the restart button, mine did that twice last night and the monitor wouldn't come back on.

ok, will try that now.