Omg I think I really messed up!

Omie

So I'm building my PC right now and when installing my H115i, I accidentally installed the wrong stand off screws. They looked the exact the same as the ones I was actually supposed to use. 

So when the thumbscrews did not go in, I knew I had to switch the standoff screws. Now the thing I'm really worried about is, I had to take off the waterblock meaning that the thermal paste was exposed. There was thermal paste residue left on the CPU and waterblock. It was basically left uncovered for like 5 minutes, maybe more while I installed the new stand off screws.

Now I'm so worried that I may have messed up and screwed up my temps because the CPU and waterblock were left exposed with thermal paste for that long. Will it do anyharm to my temps?

:(

1 minute ago, Omie said:

Now I'm so worried that I may have messed up and screwed up my temps because the CPU and waterblock was left exposed with thermal paste for that long. Will it do anyharm to my temps?

check?

if it does, get new paste?

8 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

check?

if it does, get new paste?

Ok, but like I didn't cause any permanent damage right? 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

from doing what exactly? exposing thermal paste to the air?

Yeah, it was exposed to the air for a while. Like is that bad? Is it not supposed to be exposed to air?

its recommended to clean and replace the thermal paste when you remove the cooler

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

51 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

its recommended to clean and replace the thermal paste when you remove the cooler

So basically it's a high chance my temps are gonna be screwed up since I left the paste exposed to air for a while?

4 minutes ago, Omie said:

So basically it's a high chance my temps are gonna be screwed up since I left the paste exposed to air for a while?

theres nothing wrong with exposing paste to air but reusing might be bad practice. Apparently if you do not clean and reapply it can leave air bubbles, which is like having no thermal paste. iv never tested the thermal paste bubble myth. I don't know if anyone has. You might be the first

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_