Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce VS G1 Gaming

nelfdez

Hey there!

I'm planning to upgrade my GTX 750Ti 4GB to a more decent 1060 GPU. My options are the 6GB versions of Gigabyte, but idk which is beter: Windforce or G1 Gaming. I'll be playing intensive graphic games on 1080p and 60 constant FPS. Don't care if i need to turn down ULTRA to VERY HIGH on 2 parameters hugh

Thanks for the replies!

They'll perform identical when at the same clock and memory speeds, as they're both 1060's. Get whichever is cheapest if youre on a tight budget, or whichever you think looks nicer. If the nicer looking one happens to be the cheaper, then its a win-win :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a gtx480 8gb it's better and cheaper. 

sir...

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

7 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

Hey there!

I'm planning to upgrade my GTX 750Ti 4GB to a more decent 1060 GPU. My options are the 6GB versions of Gigabyte, but idk which is beter: Windforce or G1 Gaming. I'll be playing intensive graphic games on 1080p and 60 constant FPS. Don't care if i need to turn down ULTRA to VERY HIGH on 2 parameters hugh

Thanks for the replies!

The Gigabyte cooler this generation sucks, don't get it. Not to mention abysmal customer service.

Instead look to an MSI, EVGA, Zotac, PNY, Palit

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes mi lady 

url.jpg

"gtx480 8gb"

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

Honestly this generation of nvidea cards have almost no cooling issues until you get to a 1070 or better. Get whatever is cheaper and overclock it until it becomes unstable than dial back a little till it gets stable. 

2 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Honestly this generation of nvidea cards have almost no cooling issues until you get to a 1070 or better. Get whatever is cheaper and overclock it until it becomes unstable than dial back a little till it gets stable. 

Or let GPU Boost do the hard work for you and not have to worry :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Get an Rx 480 8gb, performs better.

Well... I'll watch and read reviews of other 1060s and the RX480 8GB.

My PSU has 600W of power. Will it be enough for the RX480?

15 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Get an Rx 480 8gb, performs better.

Im not to sure on that.I say both outperform each other in different games.Depending on the game on may run better than the other. AMD cards usually use more electricity u,so Nvidia is better for the planet because it burns less electricity?

2 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

yes,more than enough. 

3 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

Yes. Enough

12 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

Im not to sure on that.I say both outperform each other in different games.Depending on the game on may run better than the other. AMD cards usually use more electricity u,so Nvidia is better for the planet because it burns less electricity?

Idk about the electricity part, but really? Are you serious? Barely any more if any. Also the 480 does do better in most of the games and much better in dx12.

So, summarizing, in 1080p gaming, the RX480 8GB performs better than the 1060 6GB on average FPS?

Thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, nelfdez said:

So, summarizing, in 1080p gaming, the RX480 8GB performs better than the 1060 6GB on average FPS?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, and i believe it's only 30 more watts tdp so yes, unless Nvidia stepped up their drivers the 480 is better, and always will be in dx12

21 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Yes, and i believe it's only 30 more watts tdp so yes, unless Nvidia stepped up their drivers the 480 is better, and always will be in dx12

The GTX 1060=GTX980.The RX 480 8gb better than GTX 980?I think not. 

2 hours ago, Pratigious said:

The GTX 1060=GTX980.The RX 480 8gb better than GTX 980?I think not. 

O think you were wrongly informed, Nvidia has really bad drivers so even if it had the raw power of a Titan the drivers are bad so it doesn't perform as well as a 980, I don't even think the raw power is that of a 980 (may be though) so unless Nvidia stepped up their drivers (unlikely, they mainly focus on the older generation GPUs) AMD is better, look up any of the recent reviews/comparisons and the power draw issue was fixed a while ago, you can get a 1060 if you really want but the 480 is more powerful in dx12 and trades blows with the 1060 in dx11

Thanks for the info!

Do you think either 1060 or RX480 will create a bottleneck with an i5 4440?