Do all x99 mobos have major issues?

So i've decided to go with the x99 platform, but it seems like with every mobo I look at the reviews (on merchant sites) are usually mediocre or poor. Most seem to complain about the bios, QC, and customer support. Do these still hold true seeing how most of these reviews I see are usually less than 6mo old?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Read reviews from reputable sites not customer review.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Read reviews from reputable sites not customer review.

I read the customer reviews a lot of times because theyre usually a lot more recent than a lot of the reputable site reviews. I've purchased a number this year of products that have issues mentioned in customer reviews despite what reputable review sites said. Lately, I take both sets of reviews into account when buying something. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 minute ago, Scruffy90 said:

I read the customer reviews a lot of times because theyre usually a lot more recent than a lot of the reputable site reviews. I've purchased a number this year of products that have issues mentioned in customer reviews despite what reputable review sites said. Lately, I take both sets of reviews into account when buying something. 

your more apt to hear all the bad more then all the good , as the saying goes the squeeky wheel gets the grease. i have an x99 build and its flawless. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

12 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

So i've decided to go with the x99 platform, but it seems like with every mobo I look at the reviews (on merchant sites) are usually mediocre or poor. Most seem to complain about the bios, QC, and customer support. Do these still hold true seeing how most of these reviews I see are usually less than 6mo old?

Keep in mind the only customers who are usually going to leave reviews are those who have something to say. Either:

A) they had a really spectacular experience with it and need to tell everyone (it's a fucking motherboard, how amazing can it be? "Oh I really like how it has this extra USB header because I really needed to plug in 4 Corsair links!")

Or B) they had a crappy experience and want to bitch.

All consumer electronics have a rate for being defective out of box. Such is the joys of mass production.

You want a good board? Pick a reputable brand and buy a board that has the IO and features you need.

my x99 pro does a strange thing where it takes a solid minute to get past the 98 and 99 post codes, which have to do with USB device initialization. Windows boots and works fine after that though. 

It only started recently, but I don't care enough to RMA or try to fix the problem

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Had my MSI X99A Gaming 7 for almost a year now.  I had occasional bluescreens at first, but that seemed to be an OS issue.  Ever since I switched from Win8.1 to Win7 and Linux Mint I've had zero problems.

41 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

bios, QC, and customer support.

Nah just Gigabyte. Some of them should be outright avoided like the SOC-Force/Champion. 

ASUS are solid though. Rampage and deluxe are both great. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

EVGA classified boards are always amazing if you want a no-gimicks system with rock stable overclocking performance. The z270 Classified-K has pretty much anything you could want as a gamer other than RGBs and gimmicks like USB 2.0 Gaming ports.

The manual even goes into the differences between the onboard Intel and Killer NICs and how the Killer one doesn't actually get you better gameplay but does have some options the Intel one doesn't and visa versa.

28 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

alot do have issues (cheaper ones i mean x99 sli plus(only board i ever had that had no voltage control for vcore ) ect ) some are due to  the bios versions others are just cheaply made . been over a year and my gigabyte  LN2 x99 board works wonderful . i went thur a few boards different brands and  a few different boards for each one to make sure i didnt have a dud .

normal if you get a board and its stable dont change anything in the bios that tends to be the main cause . i want new features board becomes unstable after the upgrade .

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

4 minutes ago, gamerking said:

alot do have issues (cheaper ones i mean x99 sli plus(only board i ever had that had no voltage control for vcore ) ect ) some are due to  the bios versions others are just cheaply made . been over a year and my gigabyte  LN2 x99 board works wonderful . i went thur a few boards different brands and  a few different boards for each one to make sure i didnt have a dud .

normal if you get a board and its stable dont change anything in the bios that tends to be the main cause . i want new features board becomes unstable after the upgrade .

ive got an msi x99a sli plus and i can control voltages just fine , thats kinda weird that you cant on yours

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

4 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

ive got an msi x99a sli plus and i can control voltages just fine , thats kinda weird that you cant on yours

used the stuff msi had downloaded it cant remember what program it was called , used the auto tune crap 12v of magic smoke and smell later. this was not too long after x99 came out . might still have the video of it nuking a 5820k . msi didnt think it was possible till i gave them the link . they might of fixed it but they didnt seem to care much at all .

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

I have a R5E since a year and had various issues. Sometimes I would have to reset the system 3-4 times to get a POST and for the longest time I would have random reboot issues, even the newest BIOS had this issue. There is/was a 20+ page topic about the issue over on the ROG forums. Just the newest 3502 BIOS which was recentlig released has solved this.

However it took over half a year to do this and some people says that it might have been the anti-surge which caused it. I would not call that good customer service at all. It's a 600€ board and I would have expected more, however I am happy to have a working board.

Asus X99 Deluxe, best board I've ever had always works like a champ!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

My X99 system is working fine, MSI X99 MPower, they really only had issues in the first few months. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s