Is There A Way For Me To get My Case Fans Too Work With My Motherbard Without Spending Too Much Money?

Pratigious

I bought a case and it came with two fans included. However,the problem is that the case fans on this case requires a 3pin power connection and my motherboard only supports 4pin for extra case fans.I used pcpartpicker to help me but it looks like pcpartpicker was wrong this time.Do you need to buy a whole new motherboard to actually use these case fans?Is there some kind of special connector i can use that like converts a 3pin in to a 4 pin connection?Or should i just buy some new fans and then install them?

Here is my Motherboard:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128709

Here Is My Case:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018

No, you can plug them in. Nothing will happen with the 4th pin. I have the same thing on my Mobo, and Im fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

4pin fan headers are the same as 3 pin fan headers but with an extra pin for PWM control. 3 pin fans will work fine with them.

Plug them in like so, and it will work fine. 

DBCE7D7D74819B7BC287C7A93EED64D831CA56EE

Just line up the slot on the connector with the slot on the motherboard.

The extra pin will be outside the connector but that's fine. Once you go to connect them you'll see, 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I plugged the 3pin connectors in to the 4pin connectors on my pc but they won't turn on.Do i have to go in to bios to enable those fans?

18 minutes ago, Pratigious said:

I plugged the 3pin connectors in to the 4pin connectors on my pc but they won't turn on.Do i have to go in to bios to enable those fans?

What fan are you using and which header are you plugging it into?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 3 SYS_FAN headers on that board are 3pin. Yes, they are marked as 4pin, but 4th pin doesn't carry PWM signal. So essentially they are 3pin. Also second CPU_OPT header is only 3pin. According to BIOS, you can control all 3 system fans. Just to note that Gigabyte is bit weak there. You can use their own software, but I recommend setting up Speedfan if you are using any of the 3pin headers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fan are you using and which header are you plugging it into?

Im using the fans that came with my case.My case came with two fans.One fan is plugged in to SYS_FAN 1and the other one is plugged in to SYS_FAN 2.

I plugged one of the fans in to the CPU_OPT 4pin connection and it worked.But the other fan won't spin. 

15 hours ago, Pratigious said:

I plugged one of the fans in to the CPU_OPT 4pin connection and it worked.But the other fan won't spin. 

Have you verified that fans do work in general?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv