What the heck is this RAM stick?

I've had this RAM stick since I was a child. I bought it at a yard sale in like 2004 attempting to upgrade my old Gateway running Windows XP Home Edition, but I knew nowhere near enough about computers then and it didn't fit. Even to this day I can't figure out what exactly it is. It is in the 184 pin original dimm format from the late 90s, I believe, and I can see on the edge that it says it was made by PNY, and there's also an honorable mention of a tiny Texas Instruments logo on the very center chip for both sides. All the numbers on the chip I can google just end up as searches that google can't identify. It is covered from stem to stern in these old style memory chips that are twice as thick as anything I've seen in years, and I'm an older PC enthusiast. You would think I would be able to figure this out, but every hint of an answer just leads me to expired ebay listings and incorrect labels on odd websites. I have no boards to test it in either or I would. It hasn't ever had any stickers on it in the time I had it so no luck there either. I just wanna know what the specs are beyond what I already know and it messes with me that I haven't been able to get anywhere with my search. So what the heck is it? Maybe one of you guys can figure it out. 

20170110_185939.jpg

20170110_185946.jpg

It's sdram of some kind. The very early ram before DDR came around. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I think that's ECC DDR

probably from a RAID card, iirc an old raid card I have has a RAM stick very similar to that

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

I think that's ECC DDR

probably from a RAID card, iirc an old raid card I have has a RAM stick very similar to that

You're probably right. It was in a little plastic box when I got it, but that had no stickers either, so it was probably looted from one. I just wish I knew exactly what the specs are. You know just a peace of mind thing.

Just now, Camshaft134 said:

You're probably right. It was in a little plastic box when I got it, but that had no stickers either, so it was probably looted from one. I just wish I knew exactly what the specs are. You know just a peace of mind thing.

if it has a serial number, just look that up on google

I found out what a bunch of old RAM I had was by doing that

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

4 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

if it has a serial number, just look that up on google

I found out what a bunch of old RAM I had was by doing that

See, now that's what I was mentioning. Google won't accept any of the numbers on the stick. Not even partial ones. 

1 minute ago, Camshaft134 said:

See, now that's what I was mentioning. Google won't accept any of the numbers on the stick. Not even partial ones. 

maybe it's the elusive DDR420

Polaroid Spectra System

1 minute ago, Camshaft134 said:

Retake the picture with proper numbers on it so we can help

That is a really old SD-RAM or EDO type of ram.

EDO rams must be installed in pairs and you don't install them like normal ram. They must be inserted like you do with laptop ram and then pushed upwards until it stands up and are locked into place.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 minutes ago, Camshaft134 said:

I've had this RAM stick since I was a child. I bought it at a yard sale in like 2004 attempting to upgrade my old Gateway running Windows XP Home Edition, but I knew nowhere near enough about computers then and it didn't fit. Even to this day I can't figure out what exactly it is. It is in the 184 pin original dimm format from the late 90s, I believe, and I can see on the edge that it says it was made by PNY, and there's also an honorable mention of a tiny Texas Instruments logo on the very center chip for both sides. All the numbers on the chip I can google just end up as searches that google can't identify. It is covered from stem to stern in these old style memory chips that are twice as thick as anything I've seen in years, and I'm an older PC enthusiast. You would think I would be able to figure this out, but every hint of an answer just leads me to expired ebay listings and incorrect labels on odd websites. I have no boards to test it in either or I would. It hasn't ever had any stickers on it in the time I had it so no luck there either. I just wanna know what the specs are beyond what I already know and it messes with me that I haven't been able to get anywhere with my search. So what the heck is it? Maybe one of you guys can figure it out. 

its a type of sd ram, i had some in some old pc's my family had from the mid-late 90's that i messed with as a boy in the mid 2000's

http://www.ebay.com/itm/512MB-2X256MB-MEMORY-168-PIN-PC100-8NS-3-3V-NON-ECC-UNBUFFERED-SDRAM-RAM-DIMM-/141939418872

Edited by Riddler356
cates wrong, and forgot to quote.

Nothing to see here, move along

39 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Retake the picture with proper numbers on it so we can help

My phone camera won't focus that well, but here they are. 

One side has PNY on the left and the right says 98/36.

Other side says: GSEP-M01 94V-0 with "168" right next to the pins on the left and the right says 40000105 with 85 next to the right side of the pins.

The Texas Instruments chip says 7CA8NHF ABT162244 and the rest have some sort of V logo in a box with VG2617400DJ AA3ZZ1.

2 minutes ago, Camshaft134 said:

My phone camera won't focus that well, but here they are. 

One side has PNY on the left and the right says 98/36.

Other side says: GSEP-M01 94V-0 with "168" right next to the pins on the left and the right says 40000105 with 85 next to the right side of the pins.

The Texas Instruments chip says 7CA8NHF ABT162244 and the rest have some sort of V logo in a box with VG2617400DJ AA3ZZ1.

I found this but it doesn't look like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PNY-GSEP-M01-94V-0-PCB-40000113-72-pin-SIMM-RAM-/142134209440?hash=item2117dbeba0

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You know, that's the funny thing is that it's not. it's a 184 pin DIMM SDRAM. I looked at that one too. That's like windows 95 DOS RAM, and this attaches like any other stick with this pin configuration. 
288f84c4d3a46a907dbad2aed61cb065.jpg

Notice the dual indents in the bottom. It's like that, just covered in thick little memory chips.