External amp for PS4 (DT990)

nicobombai
Go to solution Solved by nicobombai,

@SSL @Dackzy

Update: He got the Fiio E10K and its working perfectly fine with the plug and play method for his PS4. Thanks guys :D

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

If he can wait then wait and get a SMSL. I dunno man, the PS4 is like a grey area for me. If he gets a A3, then he cannot connect a mic to the controller, so E10k it is?

Mic is not a problem for him, the blue yeti works fine on usb for ps4, hes been using it for some time now.

Now is just the amp for dt990 lol. For the time being, is e10k or smsl one (im still persuading him to get these if he can wait).

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

4 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Mic is not a problem for him, the blue yeti works fine on usb for ps4, hes been using it for some time now.

Now is just the amp for dt990 lol. For the time being, is e10k or smsl one (im still persuading him to get these if he can wait).

well now he has options now.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

well now he has options now.

Well that is the problem since availability of these products are rare. Audiophiles are SUPER DUPER niche market here lol

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

4 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Well that is the problem since availability of these products are rare. Audiophiles are SUPER DUPER niche market here lol

well same here, except really really high end, you can get plenty of that here in Denmark. I have to buy a lot of the more "budget" things I want from Germany.

I guess Fiio would be okay, can he get audioquest DragonFly? That would also be an option

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

5 hours ago, anothertom said:

The K1 will likely be just as underpowered as the PS4 at such a high impedance. The E10K would be better but is probably only around 25mW@300Ohm.

Looking at smsl, the sAp-8 look like a good solution. It's only an amp so connection via 3.5mm to Phono, but has a strong output at 160mW@300Ohm, which is probably a good range to be in, not so powerful that it has to be run at 5% volume but not needing to be run at 95%.

I've used 600 ohm nominal 1000 ohm peak headphones from E10. E10K is more powerful.

STOP OVERTHINKING IMPEDANCE, PEOPLE.

Derp_face.png

10 hours ago, Dackzy said:

well same here, except really really high end, you can get plenty of that here in Denmark. I have to buy a lot of the more "budget" things I want from Germany.

I guess Fiio would be okay, can he get audioquest DragonFly? That would also be an option

Its not available here, le sigh...

I already suggested that to him. Oh well will try Fiio E10K for him :D

Will update here as soon as he try them out hehehehe

6 hours ago, SSL said:

I've used 600 ohm nominal 1000 ohm peak headphones from E10. E10K is more powerful.

STOP OVERTHINKING IMPEDANCE, PEOPLE.

lolololol.gif 

@SSL @Dackzy

Update: He got the Fiio E10K and its working perfectly fine with the plug and play method for his PS4. Thanks guys :D