Sound Bar

Gali

Heyo Home Theater junkies! I'm looking at getting a new sound bar for my living room. Probably thinking of a budget between $100 and $200. Anything beyond that isn't worth it to me ... that's too 1337 for my tastes. Anyone have suggestions? Positive experiences with products?

Eternity: i7 6700k, nVidia GTX GeForce 1070, 500GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD/2 TB WD Black HDD, Corsair RM850X Gold+, Corsair H115i Extreme, Fractal Design R4, 16GB Cosair Vengeance 2400,  Acer Predator XB271HU

I have this in my house. https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-K450-Channel-Wireless-Soundbar/dp/B01DMRLUPG/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1483557062&sr=1-2&keywords=samsung+sound+bar

Really solid entree level sound. Would buy again. Hope this helps.

Edit: I figured I'd just throw this in here, my uncle has this one, and a lot of people really like it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SMBG8QY/ref=dp_cerb_3

Cheers!

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Vizio Sound bars (any of them) are amazing. Every single one I have tested or tried, are very impressive. I just bought the 29" version for my parents, and am extremely impressed. It gets loud, more than 50% is uncomfortably loud. The bass is very good, even without a subwoofer. It sounds amazing - none of this crap "sounds like a speaker in a plastic tube" sound. More like the "if I did not already have a 5.1 system at home, I would buy this", sound.

In speaking with a BestBuy guy a few weeks ago when I got the 29" he actually was trying to convince me to get the $50 cheaper vizio, instead of a samsung unit I was looking at. If anything is a reason to buy, having a sales person tell you to spend $50 less than what you were planning on is a good reason. 

Whichever one you get, get one that has an output for a subwoofer. You can get cheap used subwoofers at second-hand stores (goodwill, etc) and use them to improve the bass if it doesn't include a subwoofer.

Here are some Vizio Units that are in the sub $200 price. 

$79 - 29" + Subwoofer Output: SB2920-C6 (same speakers as the 38", just, shorter physical size).

$99 - 38" + Subwoofer Output: SB3820-C6 (Same speakers as the 29")

$140 - 38" + Wireless Subwoofer: SB3821-C6 (Same speakers again, just, includes a wireless Subwoofer)

$199 - 38" + 3.0 channels, Subwoofer Output, HDMI, and Google Cast Built-in: SB3830-D0 (This is for people like me, who cannot stand anything without a dedicated center channel).

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200