Asus 1070 or msi?

Seb86
Go to solution Solved by bboysania,

Get yourself an Asus one. They are a bit smaller then MSI pascal cards. The MSI are a bit higher in size which will require a special SLI bridge in case you go SLI one day. Asus is also better for mATX cases like in my case. I own an Asus GTX 1080 OC and it is a very good GPU i can only recommend it. I think GTX 1070 from Asus has the same shape as my gtx 1080. Here is also one video from gaming nexus, he explains very well what i have written above.

Hi guys, I was wondering witch gpu vendor should I choose to retire my old evga 570 hd edition , and I narrow it into these two: Asus 1070 8g dual (white plastic model) or the 1070 msi x gaming card , I like the way the msi have that silent cooling, but since I read about the Asus quality build against the msi I'm in a crossroad, I have another mid range budget pc with a zotac 970 and I don't want to hear any coil whining , I played some games and I had to use closed headphones so I won't get annoyed by that hellish noise, so that would be another subject to have on consideration, I know that my cpu might be a bottleneck but just hang with me

My current specs

Amd 8350

Asus sabertooth 990fx rev 2

32 gb ram gskill sniper (oced@ 2133)

1tb hhd ( 2 500gb wd caviar black  on raid 0 just for fun)

Psu thermaltake tr2 750 watts

Your CPU will bottleneck the card quite heavily, I'd advise you to either upgrade the CPU along with the GPU or to get a MSI GTX 1060 6GB (It might bottleneck even the 1060 a bit in some games). MSI has better customer support than ASUS.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The Pascal GPUs pretty much perform the same other than the different manufacturer putting bling onto the GPUs

*cough* Asus *cough*

take the cheapest among the two, usually MSI and OC.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Grab a used 680 on craigslist or something for a 100 bucks, that should help a lot. I would save up for a new CPU, Mobo, and RAM combination. Wait for Zen or not, doesn't matter. Right now, any upgrade you make to pascal will be bottle necked, unless you want a 1050 ti, and even in some cases that could affect it as well.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Get yourself an Asus one. They are a bit smaller then MSI pascal cards. The MSI are a bit higher in size which will require a special SLI bridge in case you go SLI one day. Asus is also better for mATX cases like in my case. I own an Asus GTX 1080 OC and it is a very good GPU i can only recommend it. I think GTX 1070 from Asus has the same shape as my gtx 1080. Here is also one video from gaming nexus, he explains very well what i have written above.

well, i´m planning on using the card on me next pc, maybe april or may, dont know if ill wait for "ryzen" or get a new i7, so i dont know if i should wait and see or buy in case the price go higher (i live in a 3rd world country where the local coin fluctuate a lot, like 400 usd could be a nice deal and at the next week could be half of my monthly pay), thats my other crossroad

p.d. i´m playing a lot of star citizen if that could make a diference