Wireless slower when it was supose to be faster

batatas

This is why i hate networking stuff well lets start from the beggining my idea was just to try to see if i was able to speed up my wireless. I wanted to speed it up to see if i would be able to copy things from my laptop to the server faster via wireless but it didnt work. What i did was i disabled the wireless antenna on my router because its only 54Mb and i connected to the router with a cable an AP this AP reaches 150Mb wireless so it is supose to be faster.The server is connected via cable to the original router witch is only 100Mb because the router is old but that is not the problem if by wireless i am at 150Mb and cable 100Mb i should be able to copy files faster anyway. I was able to copy a video to the server at 1,30MB and the signal quality was less than half, but with the AP the same video was slower and way more instable it goes from 300Kb to 30 to 80 to 50 and stays at that speeds and the signal quality is always more than half i even try do a speedtest on my internet but the speed stays the same for both the router and the AP. I didnt configure nothing special on the AP that may be the problem it is from tp link i just did the setup but i can download stuff from the internet and upload them at the same speed as before but trying to put stuff in the server is really slow i will try to take something out of the server to see what happen.

EDIT- Well taking one file from the server it stays around 2MB why is slower when sending the file from the laptop to the server?

3 minutes ago, batatas said:

This is why i hate networking stuff well lets start from the beggining my idea was just to try to see if i was able to speed up my wireless. I wanted to speed it up to see if i would be able to copy things from my laptop to the server faster via wireless but it didnt work. What i did was i disabled the wireless antenna on my router because its only 54Mb and i connected to the router with a cable an AP this AP reaches 150Mb wireless so it is supose to be faster.The server is connected via cable to the original router witch is only 100Mb because the router is old but that is not the problem if by wireless i am at 150Mb and cable 100Mb i should be able to copy files faster anyway. I was able to copy a video to the server at 1,30MB and the signal quality was less than half, but with the AP the same video was slower and way more instable it goes from 300Kb to 30 to 80 to 50 and stays at that speeds and the signal quality is always more than half i even try do a speedtest on my internet but the speed stays the same for both the router and the AP. I didnt configure nothing special on the AP that may be the problem it is from tp link i just did the setup but i can download stuff from the internet and upload them at the same speed as before but trying to put stuff in the server is really slow i will try to take something out of the server to see what happen.

Networking is really more than just getting a bunch of higher numbers together and expecting better performance.  There are a lot of things to consider, most of which aren't advertised, when you're wanting to get great networking performance.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Sorry I can't visualise how you set this up

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Sorry I can't visualise how you set this up

No problem there you go

Original no AP

Less problems.jpg

Using AP

Network problems.jpg

How far away from the AP are you? If you place your laptop next to the AP does the speed increase?