How will this PC perform in VR?

I just ordered the new 2016 gear VR and I am looking at using it for PC VR using Trinus. I am wondering if my computer will be able to handle VR with my Gear VR.

Specs:

i5 6600k (OCed only at 4.2GHz and I am looking at increasing it)

GTX 970 OC

16GB DDR4 2133MHz 

256GB Samsung SSD

1TB WD 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

use the steam VR tester

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323910/

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

Yup

1 minute ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

Ok thanks. It seems that I am good. It dropped under 60fps zero times and I was in the higher ready stage. I am actually very surprised. 

Remember for VR you'll want to to run games at a constant 90fps to prevent sickmess. Soon vr will be upped to 120 fps and that will be awesome 

Bare minimum for Vive, plenty for Rift.

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

Remember for VR you'll want to to run games at a constant 90fps to prevent sickmess. Soon vr will be upped to 120 fps and that will be awesome 

Why would you assume that. More likely they'll stay at 90 Hz and increase resolution first, since higher resolution is more necessary at this point than higher framerate.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Bare minimum for Vive, plenty for Rift.

Why would you assume that. More likely they'll stay at 90 Hz and increase resolution first, since higher resolution is more necessary at this point than higher framerate.

I heard they where upping the rez and the framerate on the next version of the vive. But who knows 

2 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

I heard they where upping the rez and the framerate on the next version of the vive. But who knows 

That was a fake rumor.

4 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

That was a rumor from some website, HTC straight up said they where NOT going to be releasing a NEW Vive at CES like that site claimed.

Linus discussed it on the WAN show last week and NCIX Tech Tips covered it on the Thursday night episode.

honestly DUAL 4k screens at 120 hertz should have been obviously FAKE. Not even a Titan XP could do that.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

That was a fake rumor.

Aren't all rumors fake till proven true

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

That was a rumor from some website, HTC straight up said they where NOT going to be releasing a NEW Vive at CES like that site claimed.

Linus discussed it on the WAN show last week and NCIX Tech Tips covered it on the Thursday night episode.

Lol I never said anything about CES.

Just now, Jamtoad said:

Lol I never said anything about CES.

still dual 4k screens and 120 hertz refresh is more then like ANY current GPU could possibly do except maybe a Titan XP, no way HTC would release a headset that requires a $1,200 GPU to run it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

still dual 4k screens and 120 hertz refresh is more then like ANY current GPU could possibly do except maybe a Titan XP, no way HTC would release a headset that requires a $1,200 GPU to run it.

I never said 4k either lol.

I was thinking  1440 and 120. And that's doable even in vr.

All I heard was the next vive will have a higher refresh rate(120)  and higher rez and I have no reason to belive it won't becase why would you not do that if you can? Just becase its at 120 doest mean you cant run it at 90 and be fine 

HTC might not but can see Vale doing that xD making you have a 12000 gpu 

Edited by Jamtoad

1 minute ago, Jamtoad said:

All I heard was the next vive will have a higher refresh rate(120)  and higher rez

well that was what the rumor was. I don't care what you said (because you didn't GIVE ANY NUMBERS), I was simply stating what the RUMOR that was going around was.

1 minute ago, Daniel644 said:

well that was what the rumor was. I don't care what you said (because you didn't GIVE ANY NUMBERS), I was simply stating what the RUMOR that was going around was.

No you said 4k and if I heard 4k is be like lol ok your dumb. But I didn't hear it was 4k.

Just becase you hear one rumor does not mean it's the only rumor in the word going on about said item lol 

7 minutes ago, Jamtoad said:

All I heard was the next vive will have a higher refresh rate(120)  and higher rez and I have no reason to belive it won't becase why would you not do that if you can? Just becase its at 120 doest mean you cant run it at 90 and be fine 

HTC might not but can see Vale doing that xD making you have a 12000 gpu 

Where did you see that, if it wasn't in the fake rumor?

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Where did you see that, if it wasn't in the fake rumor?

I feel like fake rumor is a double negative lol doesn't sound good to me.

And I heard it from a few friends. Never read anything online becase I have the first vive and that was so expensive even if the vive 2 was like $500 I wouldn't get it lol. So never bothered to look it up.

And it seems very possible too so I don't see why not. Making a whole new system and only upping the rez seems kinda stupid tbh. But it's marketing so why not I guess

I have a couple more questions. Does anyone have a gear vr? Is it any good? Will you think it will be good for PC games? 

8 hours ago, Jamtoad said:

I feel like fake rumor is a double negative lol doesn't sound good to me.

And I heard it from a few friends. Never read anything online becase I have the first vive and that was so expensive even if the vive 2 was like $500 I wouldn't get it lol. So never bothered to look it up.

And it seems very possible too so I don't see why not. Making a whole new system and only upping the rez seems kinda stupid tbh. But it's marketing so why not I guess

Sure it's possible, but there's little reason to. The 90 Hz refresh rate on the Vive and Rift is not an issue, and pushing for higher refresh rate would just make it harder to run.

And there are a lot of other things to improve rather than just resolution and refresh rate. In fact marketing would be the only ones pushing for higher refresh rate, as it's always easier to sell a higher number.

7 hours ago, CmzPlusHardware said:

I have a couple more questions. Does anyone have a gear vr? Is it any good? Will you think it will be good for PC games? 

If you're hoping for something cheaper than a Vive or Rift, maybe stick around for the Microsoft-partnered headsets that are coming within the next half year or so. Gear VR is very cheap, but you get what you pay for.

12 hours ago, Sakkura said:

Sure it's possible, but there's little reason to. The 90 Hz refresh rate on the Vive and Rift is not an issue, and pushing for higher refresh rate would just make it harder to run.

And there are a lot of other things to improve rather than just resolution and refresh rate. In fact marketing would be the only ones pushing for higher refresh rate, as it's always easier to sell a higher number.

If you're hoping for something cheaper than a Vive or Rift, maybe stick around for the Microsoft-partnered headsets that are coming within the next half year or so. Gear VR is very cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Ok thanks. I will try the gear vr and see if I like it and if I don't I will return it. I am looking at using VR big screen to turn my room into a VR area.