Quick question about Ryzen

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

From what i remember there was a leak of Ryzen R3, R5 and R7, so i think Ryzen is the family of processors.
Zen is the architecture they'll be using.

Hello

Quite confused with the whole Ryzen thing and I got one question for ya

Is Ryzen going to be a single processor or a family of processors (like Kaby Lake).

AMD has left this spot blind 

From what i remember there was a leak of Ryzen R3, R5 and R7, so i think Ryzen is the family of processors.
Zen is the architecture they'll be using.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

10 minutes ago, xpek20 said:

I got one question for ya 

WHAT ARE THOOOOOSE!!!

OK sorry but chances are it's gonna be a family of processors cause it would be kinda strange to make a new architecture and only have one CPU use it.

A family would make sense so they can compete with intel in a certain range, not a specific spot.

And if you are going to make cpu's there will be some that have a few bad cores or something so it makes sense to sell those at a lower tier instead of scrapping them.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

AMD Summit Ridge is going to be divided in three groups: SR3, SR5 and SR7.

Be careful, the AMD A12-9800 that I recently covered is Bristol Ridge, an Excavator refresh, not Zen.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

BR is the APU if im not mistaken for the AM4 platform.

im entirely looking forward to the release of AM4\Zen, i am sooo over intels  bullshit (not the cpu's them selves they are good) the price and the fact intel gets away with dogging people, owing AMD $1.2 Billion USD since 2009 (if i done that with a $350 parking ticket id have jail and more fines for not paying a fine), making intel exclusive content on stuff but not telling people its i7 exclusive content... ON STEAM!... trying to make netflix 4k 7th gen intel exclusive (probably also restricted to i7) annnnd pulling other illegal crap and or dodgy crap... hence over intels shit.. seriously hopping AMD comes back and once again out classes them and hope intel shits the bed or something... maybe they should only own 10% of the market, they haven't contributed to the I.T community as a whole ever.

ok sorry about the rant, but yes seriously looking forward to ZEN, also looks like everything from the dual core to the octa core are all getting SMT and all the bells and whistles, if this is true then no matter which SR chip you get, the only real difference will be core\thread counts and Ghz. so all the extra tech on chip will be everyones
unlike intel... i think archer said something about "eat a dick intel" in a episode once... or at least thats what i heard