Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura CPU OC potential?

Omie

I'm planning to get it with an i7 6700k and water cool it with the H115i w/ 2 ML140 Pro fans instead of the stock fans. I was wondering how well it can OC the CPU. I know it matters with the silicon lottery with the CPU chip but the mobo also plays a role with determining how much voltage is required, etc.

Does anyone have the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura and/or knows how well it OC's the i7 6700k, especially under water cooling?

Not really sure about this

13 minutes ago, Omie said:

Does anyone have the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura and/or knows how well it OC's the i7 6700k, especially under water cooling?

But I can give you some information on overclocking.

Max voltage you should use: 1.45V unless the chip is delided preferably with CLU then you can go higher.

Max temp your CPU should run at: 85C

Keep in mind that upping the multiplier doesn't equal higher temps. Upping the voltage does.

Upping the VRIN Override/CPU input voltage can give you better results. Don't go over 2.4V with it. 

20 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Not really sure about this

But I can give you some information on overclocking.

Max voltage you should use: 1.45V unless the chip is delided preferably with CLU then you can go higher.

Max temp your CPU should run at: 85C

Keep in mind that upping the multiplier doesn't equal higher temps. Upping the voltage does.

Upping the VRIN Override/CPU input voltage can give you better results. Don't go over 2.4V with it. 

Oh ok thanks. I'm going to try to get 4.7 GHz and also xmp my ram to 3200Mhz both at once. What would you reccomend my starting voltage on the CPU core be?

2 hours ago, Omie said:

Oh ok thanks. I'm going to try to get 4.7 GHz and also xmp my ram to 3200Mhz both at once. What would you reccomend my starting voltage on the CPU core be?

Try starting at around 4.5 GHz with 1.3V.

23 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Try starting at around 4.5 GHz with 1.3V.

Ok thanks. Also, what is the CPU cache ratio and is it important to overclock like the CPU core core is?

I was watching an overclocking video and the guy said to leave it at 40 for both min and max CPU cache ratio.

3 minutes ago, Omie said:

Ok thanks. Also, what is the CPU cache ratio and is it important to overclock like the CPU core core is?

I was watching an overclocking video and the guy said to leave it at 40 for both min and max CPU cache ratio.

It wont make a huge difference. I don't know much about it. If you want to overclock the CPU cache you can. And by the way upping the CPU Ring voltage will help when overclocking cache. I wouldn't go over 1.35V with it. 

4 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

It wont make a huge difference. I don't know much about it. If you want to overclock the CPU cache you can. And by the way upping the CPU Ring voltage will help when overclocking cache. I wouldn't go over 1.35V with it. 

Oh ok, well I guess I'll just leave it at 40. Maybe I'll increase it but after I find a stable OC first.