Hackers steal 30,000 Steam keys from indie game dev.

xserd

wow it terrible to do that and its even worse when it is an indie dev that is probably just starting out to make some money but he probably just lost a lot after that

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Two words: Not cool.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Those basterds, this is a bit extreme but i hope them hackers lose their source of income, they have  most likely destroyed the moral of the devs

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hackers steal 30,000 Steam keys from indie game dev.

Wheres mine?

Linus tell Slick to stop hacking game devs and do some serious work...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

That is indeed a dick move why would you do such a thing?

See the Mr. Pants encyclopedia of Earth species section 14 page 184:

Species: Humans (Hu~mans)

1. The most evolved species on the planet Earth and the only one who has developed beyond the use of basic tools, despite being capable of great act's of creativity and kindness Humans unfortunately have a preference for basically acting like major dicks to their own kind and any other species they come into contact with. It is best to avoid them when possible due to the fact that given sufficient reason to do so they will screw you over, take your stuff and probably kick you in the nuts, slap your mother and call you a faggot.

None of what happened surprised me at all, you can't be nice to people period because someone will screw you. I heard that the Dev is working on getting the keys deactivated so hopefully it will be like this never happened, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dev never does this again.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

That requires you buy a new console, that's harder than finding a torrent and clicking download.

I disagree. Flashing or buying a flashed console (to begin with) and then just pirate a game that doesn't even need a crack is easier than pirating a game that needs a crack. If you are buying a second hand console then you will probably have an easier time finding one that is flashed, than one that isn't flashed (because so many people got flashed consoles).

You're too egocentric in your way of thinking. Just because you don't know how to flash a console, and already has a non-flashed console, doesn't mean people buying consoles today and/or know how to flash see any difficulties in doing so.

I disagree. Flashing or buying a flashed console (to begin with) and then just pirate a game that doesn't even need a crack is easier than pirating a game that needs a crack. If you are buying a second hand console then you will probably have an easier time finding one that is flashed, than one that isn't flashed (because so many people got flashed consoles).

You're too egocentric in your way of thinking. Just because you don't know how to flash a console, and already has a non-flashed console, doesn't mean people buying consoles today and/or know how to flash see any difficulties in doing so.

Fair enough, my point still stands about the online communities though. (If you read that post)

Can't they just cancel those steam keys?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Wow wonder what they would do with those keys other than giving them away which was their original idea. But this is actually bad as they lost that many keys and don't have alot of give out anymore.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer