Battlefield 1 versions: Are they worth it?

Alir

I'm a very patient person. Haven't even played AC Black Flag yet. Intend to re-play the previous games at 21:9 before I get to it.

But point being I'm a very patient person.

Battlefield is £25 on Origin. How cheap do Origin games get? Is it worth buying it now? 

The Ultimate and Deluxe editions are also on sale. Are the price differences worth it?

Refer to: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1/standard-edition

Ultimate: £70

Deluxe: £33

Standard: £25

(approx. prices)

What makes the other versions so special?

Based on the descriptions, I gather that the Deluxe just has DLC, which I can wait for until it's cheaper to buy separately.

and Ultimate has a Premium Pass. What's that? Is it one of those yearly passes you pay for online? If so, I won't get Battlefield in this lifetime. I have some self-respect EA.

I really don't understand why the Ultimate edition is so expensive. Then again, Standard and Deluxe are pretty expensive as well. The days of discs are over, it costs them maybe £0.01 to sell me the game (in electricity bill). 

Anyways, I don't intend to turn this into a rant about how expensive games are. Saying that though I used to buy £40 games when I was younger, with my mum's money. Feeling guilty. :/

i got the preorder standard version, you get basically everything you need.

(P.S the game gets boring after 40 hours and its really buggy)

EA=Standart. Never buy anything but standart from those greedy fucks.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, DisconnectedYT said:

i got the preorder standard version, you get basically everything you need.

(P.S the game gets boring after 40 hours and its really buggy)

Yeh but i has 21:9 35" 3440x1440 :DDDDDD

The higher-tier versions mostly have content that you can unlock just by playing the game. There is no important game feature in the higher-priced editions.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I would recommend Ultimate because it is about the same price of Standard when it's not on sale but it has the 4 DLCs coming out eventually 

7 minutes ago, Matt28 said:

I would recommend Ultimate because it is about the same price of Standard when it's not on sale but it has the 4 DLCs coming out eventually 

And we should always buy stuff we dont know anything about, right?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

48 minutes ago, Alir said:

I'm a very patient person. Haven't even played AC Black Flag yet. Intend to re-play the previous games at 21:9 before I get to it.

But point being I'm a very patient person.

Battlefield is £25 on Origin. How cheap do Origin games get? Is it worth buying it now? 

The Ultimate and Deluxe editions are also on sale. Are the price differences worth it?

Refer to: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-1/standard-edition

Ultimate: £70

Deluxe: £33

Standard: £25

(approx. prices)

What makes the other versions so special?

Based on the descriptions, I gather that the Deluxe just has DLC, which I can wait for until it's cheaper to buy separately.

and Ultimate has a Premium Pass. What's that? Is it one of those yearly passes you pay for online? If so, I won't get Battlefield in this lifetime. I have some self-respect EA.

I really don't understand why the Ultimate edition is so expensive. Then again, Standard and Deluxe are pretty expensive as well. The days of discs are over, it costs them maybe £0.01 to sell me the game (in electricity bill). 

Anyways, I don't intend to turn this into a rant about how expensive games are. Saying that though I used to buy £40 games when I was younger, with my mum's money. Feeling guilty. :/

I wouldn't buy the deluxe version its just a couple existing guns with different skins that are only available through deluxe. The ultimate version though is worth while if you plan on playing a lot and getting the premium pass anyways.  But even then you could just get BF1 now and then wait for a sale or promo code and get the pass later on (the dlc content doesn't come out till march so having the pass now doesn't make a lot of sense (unless you can get it at a discount now).

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

10 hours ago, Praesi said:

And we should always buy stuff we dont know anything about, right?

It is a risk, but if you like the game, chances are they'll make good additions in the DLCs. If you want to play it safe, buy the base game, wait for the first DLC, then see if it's any good.

BF1 is an awesome game. It feels right for the average consumer who likes faster paced fun and tighter controls (more responsive as well). I also like Verdun but that game is anything but the descriptive words I gave BF1, though if you want a more realistic experience you could go and pick that one.