First ever PC build, Will update as the lasts parts come in

russianRider
1 minute ago, intelCore said:

Exactly the reason I type these posts from this very laptop. :D

Currently, most any laptop or computer is better than my Apple laptop that I am currently typing from :( 

1 minute ago, russianRider said:

Currently, most any laptop or computer is better than my Apple laptop that I am currently typing from :( 

Well then  before I leave the thread to go sleep allow me to be the first here in LTT to greet you welcome to the PC Master Race for real, the curses of Apple shall no longer haunt you xD

But for real, with the PC you're getting you'll already have higher performance than any Apple that I know of, isn't that cool? =D
Cheers! do post some pictures and tag me wanna see how it looks once its done.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, russianRider said:

I feel you. Maybe look into the Acer Aspire V Nitro Series then as this is a rocksolid laptop should you be in need for a new one!

And to contribute to your original topic for once: I also wish you all the best with your Desktop and building it. As previous posts already stated you will get addicted. I hope you have enough money saved for another 500 builds that might still not satisfy your addiction! :D

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Well then  before I leave the thread to go sleep allow me to be the first here in LTT to greet you welcome to the PC Master Race for real, the curses of Apple shall no longer haunt you xD

But for real, with the PC you're getting you'll already have higher performance than any Apple that I know of, isn't that cool? =D
Cheers! do post some pictures and tag me wanna see how it looks once its done.

Thank you very much!  I do look forward to the PC Master Race!  I can not wait until I get this PC up and running!  I will upload photos as soon as I can, and I will do my best to document the build!

5 minutes ago, intelCore said:

I feel you. Maybe look into the Acer Aspire V Nitro Series then as this is a rocksolid laptop should you be in need for a new one!

And to contribute to your original topic for once: I also wish you all the best with your Desktop and building it. As previous posts already stated you will get addicted. I hope you have enough money saved for another 500 builds that might still not satisfy your addiction! :D

I do see myself building many PC in the future! Thank you! and I feel the addiction already! :) 

Wow. Guys look at this dudes freaking motherboard:

It has an overclocking nob with CPU presets that goes to 11 

And it is ready for liquid N

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Now that is A LOT of red you got there xD
The final build looks work worth of any good tech shop, you even had more patience in cable management than I did, though for what is worth my PSU is not modular so I got some extra unused cables I just shoved them on the back however way the case closed xD

From the BIOS pic you can see everything is working fully, the water cooling will definitely give you room for a nice steady OC, I bet you can't wait to boot up GTA V on this thing and see its capacity, really nicely done! 

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

8 hours ago, russianRider said:

8 hours ago, russianRider said:

Looks great man! You probably spent a lot more time with cable management than I did. I just shoved all my cables down, next to the PSU :P

People saying it looks 'too' red never meant anything to me. I think that is just what happens with Phanteks cases. Plus I have a meter long LED strip shoved in mine...

BEFORE YOU INSTALL ANY DRIVERS: go to start >> settings >>  storage >> then make sure everything saves to your HDD not your M.2

I watch this video every time I do a fresh windows install, I usually only do about half of what he does:

Don't worry about security, Windows Defender is very good.

Don't download python off ninite either, they only have v2.7. You'll probably want 3.5 :1

Fresh installs can be a pain the first few times, almost take a whole day to get everything set up how you like it again. Although, after you do a fresh install about 3 times, it turns into a beautiful cleanup, simplification, origination or all around optimization process. I've done 5 fresh installs since building my rig about 4 months ago. Before you do any clean OS install, save all your important documents onto a usb (I like to make a spreadsheet with passwords and account usernames) and make sure you own or have created a bookable usb with stock Windows on it. Then, restart your computer and get into the bios and change your boot priority to USB key. Then, turn it off. Plug in your usb key and turn your machine on, rebooting to reinstall windows. Type in your windows key and you're good to go. Don't ever feel worried to do a fresh install, more often than not, it is overall the better decision. It's also the easiest ways to completely wipe your drives clean and reformat them fresh, for me anyway. What I like most about it, just like physically building a computer, it forces you to learn about little details you would never have been exposed to before.

Good luck!

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Ah, crap. I was about to advise against the m9 board but its already here. And a gift as well. Its still a good board nonetheless ;)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

On 31.12.2016 at 11:40 AM, russianRider said:

This is beautiful!! Wonderfully cable managed aswell. You're gonna have a lot of fun with it! Also there is nothing like a "too red" build. :D

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Cooler Noctua NH-D15S | MB Asus ROG Strix B550 A-Gaming | RAM 2 x G.Skill Trident Z Royal silver 16 GB @ 3200 MHz CL14 | GPU Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Vision OC 8G

Case Fractal Design Define C TG | SSD(s) Boot: Samsung 970 EVO 250 GBPrograms: Samsung 970 EVO 1 TBData: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | PSU Seasonic Focus GX 750W

Screen(s) Main: ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-mhd, Second: Asus PB277Q, Third: LG Flatron E2240T | Keyboard Ducky One (MX Blues) | Mouse Logitech G Pro Gaming

Sound Card: Asus Xonar D2X PCIe, System: Edifier R1280DB | OS Windows 10, 64 Bit