Filesever/SSH workhorse compatability

Go to solution Solved by brwainer,

The only actual issue is that the motherboard specifications only say ECC, and you should generally buy ECC memory for servers anyway. Is ECC required? possibly not, but the motherboard only indicates support for ECC memory.

Aside from that, I highly recommend you get an SSD for your boot drive.

So i'm planning a build for a personal fileserver, that i'll be able to SSH into on my chromebook when I need to do something requiring significant horsepower. The server will probably end up running Debian Jessie set up with Seafile and SSH. My question is, will the partlist I have in mind have any compatibility issues? There doesn't seem to be any specific issues i can foresee, but i'm also mixing server and desktop-grade hardware, which i'm afraid could probe problematic. My current partlist can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yz4pD8

The only actual issue is that the motherboard specifications only say ECC, and you should generally buy ECC memory for servers anyway. Is ECC required? possibly not, but the motherboard only indicates support for ECC memory.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

23 minutes ago, brwainer said:

Ok, good to know! thanks.