Question about DPI on mouse

skljom

I got new mouse with 400/800/1600 DPI setting. What does DPI do? I am too lazy to google some yahoo answers. I play on 1080p monitor so what setting do I need, I need precision in first point for autocad works.

Explain please :D

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

Pretty much the speed and accuracy of the lasers

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Dots per Inch

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

just means Dots Per Inch... meaning the higher the DPI the less physical action you need to put into the mouse for the cursor to move the same distance.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

just means Dots Per Inch... meaning the higher the DPI the less physical action you need to put into the mouse for the cursor to move the same distance.

what he said

that being said i use 4500 DPI and anything higher than that makes me think my hand has to vibrate to get to one side of the screen (1080p also)

To lazy to google it? Not to be a dick but you put more effort into making this post than it takes to Google the question.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

So higher DPI my mouse is faster? I thought it is slower LOL

To lazy to google it? Not to be a dick but you put more effort into making this post than it takes to Google the question.

Don't want to read some yahoo answers :D

So higher DPI my mouse is faster? I thought it is slower LOL

Correct

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Correct

is it more precise? I have been playing on 400 DPI lol....

there is lots of BS people spread around about DPI, it is basically mouse sensitivty. higher=less mouse movement to get from point A to point B.

this is straight from Logitech

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Too lazy to post a reply?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Don't want to read some yahoo answers :D

Yet you can read forum replies.

The stupidity level of the forum just dropped 5 points. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I use my G9x at 1000 dpi... anything after that is way too sensitive imo.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Yet you can read forum replies.

The stupidity level of the forum just dropped 5 points. 

Do you mean intelligence?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Some people say that if you play on really low dpi you might skip pixels but that's bs, it's just sensitivity, the only sensitivity that can make you skip pixels is windows cursir sensitivity, I personally play with 2600 dpi (which most people say it's a metric butt ton to play with) and a really low sensitivity in game, because I usually have a really high dpi for browsing the internet and I'm apparently too lazy to click the dpi setting button on my mouse :P

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

It's sensitivity. Ideally, you use the lowest one you can bear without having to change any other sensitivity settings to compensate.

what he said

that being said i use 4500 DPI and anything higher than that makes me think my hand has to vibrate to get to one side of the screen (1080p also)

Lol i have 6400 DPI

Lol i have 6400 DPI

yea but is it running at 6400dpi?

i have a 6400DPI mouse doesnt mean i run it at that. check your settings. if its default i doubt ur running it at 6400 dpi

yea but is it running at 6400dpi?

i have a 6400DPI mouse doesnt mean i run it at that. check your settings. if its default i doubt ur running it at 6400 dpi

Lol i never said i was running at 6400 DPI :3

I am running at 4100 DPI atm but i do sometimes go up to 6400.