Is my SSD dying?

Epicwhale

zE1xxfV.png

9sy62pG.png

Over the past month I've been getting terrible write speeds on my SSD (reading speeds are perfectly normal).

I've tried updating bios/ssd firmware/closing all programs etc etc.

is my SSD kill even though it shows perfect life? pls help :l

Edited by Epicwhale

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

Use Samsung Magician to determine whether your drive is truly in good condition or not, the software that you're using might not be reliable.

Also, be sure you're not using the drive at all before benchmarking the speed, any case of use would affect the transfers negatively.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just to check, Is TRIM enable and running and not defrag? The sata controller is set to AHCI? Indexing is disabled for the SSD?

-アパゾ

15 minutes ago, APasz said:

Just to check, Is TRIM enable and running and not defrag? The sata controller is set to AHCI? Indexing is disabled for the SSD?

as you can see, the Intel driver is installed and TRIM seems to be active

@Epicwhale install Samsung's Magician: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

---

PS: weren't the 840s the ones with the shitty NAND issues over time? cell voltage drift

Looks like it's just the known 840 Evo slowdown. As @zMeul says, go Samsung Magician and get the newest firmware that should have a fix for it.

20 minutes ago, zMeul said:

as you can see, the Intel driver is installed and TRIM seems to be active

@Epicwhale install Samsung's Magician: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

---

PS: weren't the 840s the ones with the shitty NAND issues over time? cell voltage drift

17 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Looks like it's just the known 840 Evo slowdown. As @zMeul says, go Samsung Magician and get the newest firmware that should have a fix for it.

All the firmware is up to date

31 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Use Samsung Magician to determine whether your drive is truly in good condition or not, the software that you're using might not be reliable.

Also, be sure you're not using the drive at all before benchmarking the speed, any case of use would affect the transfers negatively.

9sy62pG.png 

Samsungs program says it'll take 45 minutes to complete when it used to take about 30 seconds..

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

1 hour ago, Epicwhale said:

All the firmware is up to date

9sy62pG.png 

Samsungs program says it'll take 45 minutes to complete when it used to take about 30 seconds..

Might  be dying then, I'd try to RMA if it's still under warranty.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White