GTX1070 using Adobe Premiere CS6 (solved)

NoisanceRitual
Go to solution Solved by NoisanceRitual,

and i uninstalled the 2015 version to try again 2017... and now it works too... lol.. i'm not gonna ask questions xD

Hey i updated my GPU to GTX1070 from GTX770 but now i can't use the cuda render option in Adobe Premiere pro cs6... it was crashing when it starts to render, so i tried some things while googling and now i can't even have the cuda render in the options of Premiere... I'm i supposed to be able to use the 1070 with the cuda or its not supported? I see some tests online, so it should be fine but i can't figure out why it doesnt work... Thanks for the help 1f642.png:)

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-3-Pascal-GPU-Performance-840/#RecommendedSystemsforPremierePro

28 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

Hey i updated my GPU to GTX1070 from GTX770 but now i can't use the cuda render option in Adobe Premiere pro cs6... it was crashing when it starts to render, so i tried some things while googling and now i can't even have the cuda render in the options of Premiere... I'm i supposed to be able to use the 1070 with the cuda or its not supported? I see some tests online, so it should be fine but i can't figure out why it doesnt work... Thanks for the help 1f642.png:)

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CC-2015-3-Pascal-GPU-Performance-840/#RecommendedSystemsforPremierePro

Have you tried Premier Pro CC 2016.5 OR 2017.0?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

31 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

You did put the GTX 1070 into the cudasupportedcards.txt before, right?

Check again if it's still in there.

If the program crashes you're kind of out of luck as the card isn't officialy supported. That means it will probably work but bugs can show up. Nothing is guaranteed. CS6 was built when Kepler and Fermi were around, which are different enough that problems will show up.

\\ QUIET AUDIO WORKSTATION //

5960X 3.7GHz @ 0.983V / ASUS X99-A USB3.1      

32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 & 2667MHz @ 1.2V

AMD R9 Fury X

256GB SM961 + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo  

Cooler Master Silencio 652S (soon Calyos NSG S0 ^^)              

Noctua NH-D15 / 3x NF-S12A                 

Seasonic PRIME Titanium 750W        

Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum / Logitech G900

2x Samsung S24E650BW 16:10  / Adam A7X / Fractal Axe Fx 2 Mark I

Windows 7 Ultimate

4K GAMING/EMULATION RIG

Xeon X5670 4.2Ghz (200BCLK) @ ~1.38V / Asus P6X58D Premium

12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Gainward GTX 1080 Golden Sample

Intel 535 Series 240 GB + San Disk SSD Plus 512GB

Corsair Crystal 570X

Noctua NH-S12 

Be Quiet Dark Rock 11 650W

Logitech K830

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Logitech Z623 Speakers/Subwoofer

Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Have you tried Premier Pro CC 2016.5 OR 2017.0?

I did not tried... i would have to buy..

5 minutes ago, Vode said:

You did put the GTX 1070 into the cudasupportedcards.txt before, right?

Check again if it's still in there.

If the program crashes you're kind of out of luck as the card isn't officialy supported. That means it will probably work but bugs can show up. Nothing is guaranteed. CS6 was built when Kepler and Fermi were around, which are different enough that problems will show up.

yea i checked, i added it but it crashed as soon as i export, it says unknown error and the nvidia driver crashes, black screen and then it recovers.

1 minute ago, matrixmodulator said:

No you don't. There is a 30 day free trial unless you have exhausted it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

No you don't. There is a 30 day free trial unless you have exhausted it.

ok i will try... still have to buy it ti works.. lol

9 hours ago, matrixmodulator said:

Just get it from a torrent

Ok so i tried cc 2017 and it doesn't show the option to use the cuda render...

I added the cudasupportedcards.txt  but it still doesnt show up...

Any ideas???

matrixmodulator- Unfortunately, I cannot comment with a solution, but I can tell you that I have used several of the Pascal generation cards with Premiere Pro CC. For me, it automatically recognized that I had a Cuda equip card, and set Cuda acceleration as default.

Also, I have used Polaris for PP CC, and when switching back to Pascal, again, it automatically detected and switched the option to Cuda acceleration.

Good luck brother! It is definitely possible, and I am sure that someone here will be able to provide some help. :)

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

1 minute ago, jonathan13 said:

matrixmodulator- Unfortunately, I cannot comment with a solution, but I can tell you that I have used several of the Pascal generation cards with Premiere Pro CC. For me, it automatically recognized that I had a Cuda equip card, and set Cuda acceleration as default.

Also, I have used Polaris for PP CC, and when switching back to Pascal, again, it automatically detected and switched the option to Cuda acceleration.

Good luck brother! It is definitely possible, and I am sure that someone here will be able to provide some help. :)

Ok thanks!

What version of CC are you using and what gpu?

1 minute ago, matrixmodulator said:

Ok thanks!

What version of CC are you using and what gpu?

I'm running on whatever the latest update of CC is- sorry I am out of town for the holidays without access to my rig, to give you an exact build number.

Currently, I am running an EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid, but I have also used the non Hybrid 1080 FTW, the 1070 Superclocked, 1060 Superclocked, and MSI 1050ti Gaming X. All ran fine, with Cuda acceleration with the latest version of CC. I am sure it is something simple that we are all missing. I haven't been using Premiere Pro long enough (6 months) to give any useful suggestions, unfortunately. :( 

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

If I remember correctly it's like they've stopped supporting CS6 for newer Nvidia GPUs after the GTX 700... Even if you added it in the text file thing to trick the software it wouldn't show up ~ could be something to do with supporting newer architectures.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

Apparently it works right out of the box with cc 2015.3 not with 2017

I hope it can help somebody else.

Using the cuda render to render the particular video i'm working with at the moment takes 1h to render, compared to 6 hours without the cuda rendering.

Not much effects but there are effects on all the video lenght.

I'm just wondering if its normal that the gpu works about 20% usage and cpu about 90% ?

My cpu is I7 920, gpu is evga gtx 1070.

:D

4 hours ago, matrixmodulator said:

Using the cuda render to render the particular video i'm working with at the moment takes 1h to render, compared to 6 hours without the cuda rendering.

Not much effects but there are effects on all the video lenght.

I'm just wondering if its normal that the gpu works about 20% usage and cpu about 90% ?

Video rendering is both demanding on the CPU and GPU.

With a weak GPU or a weak CPU your render times would be worse.

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Video rendering is both demanding on the CPU and GPU.

With a weak GPU or a weak CPU your render times would be worse.

yeah i know... droped from 6h to 1h, good enough haha i will not complain

8 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

and i uninstalled the 2015 version to try again 2017... and now it works too... lol.. i'm not gonna ask questions xD

remember to mark as solved

6 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

where is it?

it's a large check mark on the bottom left of a post. Just press the tick on whatever post was the answer.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

it's a large check mark on the bottom left of a post. Just press the tick on whatever post was the answer.

wow i cant beleive i missed that haha