Samsung Evolution Kit, Yamaha Receiver, HTPC

TheKellen17

Okay so I'm stumped with this one. I recently got a Samsung Evolution Kit for my F9000 series TV and a new Yamaha RX-V679 Receiver to get a 4k setup for my HTPC. However I have run into quite the conundrum here. The samsung TV gets stuck in a bootloop when connecting the HTPC. However when I turn off the receiver the TV works fine. Any ideas?

Update: The setup is working at 4k, selected 60Hz, though obviously only running at 30Hz

I ran into some weird issues with my 8500 series 4K Samsung when I had the HTPC connected to my Denon receiver, like the SmartHub would lockup or it would take forever to boot.  Connecting the HTPC directly to the TV and using the ARC to get audio to the receiver fixed all the issues.

3 hours ago, johnny5c said:

I ran into some weird issues with my 8500 series 4K Samsung when I had the HTPC connected to my Denon receiver, like the SmartHub would lockup or it would take forever to boot.  Connecting the HTPC directly to the TV and using the ARC to get audio to the receiver fixed all the issues.

That's not really an option for me as this is in a home theater and the TV is mounted.

15 hours ago, johnny5c said:

Update: Tried plugging the TV directly into the HTPC and came up with the same issue (TV Boot Loop) so it can be ruled out that it is not the receiver 

4 hours ago, TheKellen17 said:

Update: Tried plugging the TV directly into the HTPC and came up with the same issue (TV Boot Loop) so it can be ruled out that it is not the receiver 

That's weird, did you update your TV to the latest software before installing the Evolution kit? 

7 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

That's weird, did you update your TV to the latest software before installing the Evolution kit? 

Yup

12 minutes ago, TheKellen17 said:

Yup

Try disabling the Anynet+, this was the only way I could get mine to boot with a old Popcorn box connected.

1 minute ago, johnny5c said:

Try disabling the Anynet+, this was the only way I could get mine to boot with a old Popcorn box connected.

Anynet+? What's that and where can I find it

1 hour ago, TheKellen17 said:

Anynet+? What's that and where can I find it

It's a Samsung feature that controls different devices over HDMI, on my TV it's under advanced setup.

5 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

It's a Samsung feature that controls different devices over HDMI, on my TV it's under advanced setup.

Turned off already so that's a no.

So now it seems to be that the issue could be somewhere in the Cables used, or an issue with the HTPC and the Evolution Kit

Another update: Swapped the cable going from the HTPC to receiver to a Display port to HDMI. Still having the problem and need the setup to work by tonight.

• 4 weeks later...