Need a good GPU under £300

alistairw

Hey, I recently purchased a computer to build myself but I have not purchased a GPU yet as I didn't know which one to purchase. This computer is for the casual game and for designing with Photoshop and rendering with Premier Pro and After Effects. (no massive projects though; small ones). 

If anyone could give me advice on one to purchase, looking at under £300 then I'd appreciate the support :)

Best regards,

Alistair W

I wouldn't touch Gigabyte this generation, really low quality materials and poor performance overall.

13 hours ago, Alistairw02 said:

No No No.

Gigabyte is typically good in the GPU market but WOW their coolers on the 480s suck d**k.
They sit at like 80*c without OC.

I was doing a lot of research trying to decide which to buy (I will in January) and their cooler just sucks, even in stock frequencies.

The best cheap 480 is the Sapphie one. It's £200 right now. Bit more expensive but it's far cooler (maybe not in looks but in temps)

I would recommend the MSI Gaming X if you can find that in your area. Normally Sapphire is the best for AMD cards and my go to brand for the red team. This time around, I'm not impressed with their new cooling design, It's a good card but there are better ones for similar or cheaper price depending on where you live. The top 3 RX 480 cards IMO is the MSI Gaming X, Asus Strix and the XFX GTR BE. If overclocking is your main concern and you don't mind some noise then go with the XFX GTR. If cosmetics is a priority then get Asus and if Noise and cooling are the top priority then go MSI Gaming X. 

I personally have the MSI RX480 8GB Gaming X in my mini ITX build; the case is a Silverstone ML08 and has no fans whatsoever on it, the only 2 fans in the entire build are the ones on the CPU cooler and the GPU. Even then with a custom fan curve(50% fan speed at 55c), the hottest my card ever got while gaming was 61c. The card is also dead silent; I didn't have XFX cards in my area but if I did, I would of probably gone that route.