Japanese scientists mimic natural photosynthesis that results in greater and more effecient energy transfer

TopWargamer

http://www.rsc.org/chemistryworld/2013/10/two-step-artificial-photosynthesis

light-harvesting_c3sc51959g-ga_300m.jpg

The team combined 440 periodic mesoporous organosilica (PMO) tubes bridged by light-absorbing biphenyl (Bp) groups with five stick-shaped rhenium(I) pentamer units connected to one ruthenium(II) trisdiimine complex (Ru–Re5). This Ru–Re5–Bp–PMO hybrid system concentrates photons absorbed by the large framework of Bp–PMO in two steps: first to the rhenium oligomers, and then to the ruthenium reaction centre.

‘Photon collection has always been a problem in developing efficient solar energy conversion systems because the molecules are so small and solar light is so dilute,’ says Ishitani. ‘This new system is fantastic because now we can accumulate light from a large area and into, say, a photocatalyst.’

So if nations start adopting this technology, we can (for the most part...sometime in the future) have large amounts of clean energy worldwide. This needs to be a thing now. 

COMIC SANS

That's a lot of words I don't understand.

Seriously though, yay science! I hope this gets more development.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Inb4 Venusaur solar panels :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Well I actually do understand most of it. It is a proof of concept experiment with synthesis on a large scale being a major obstacle to anything the OP wants. Even if you take out synthesis as an issue, the problem of effectively transporting/storing the solar energy and tapping it into a power grid is still something no one has a solution to.

Well I actually do understand most of it. It is a proof of concept experiment with synthesis on a large scale being a major obstacle to anything the OP wants. Even if you take out synthesis as an issue, the problem of effectively transporting/storing the solar energy and tapping it into a power grid is still something no one has a solution to.

There is no demand for a solution, so there is none.

Error: 410

i cant wait for the time to come when i can leave my computer on all the time because its so efficient and i run my whole house of solar.