Get either google pixel or iPhone

Bajantechnician

So between the google pixel 128gb and the iPhone (ihavenoheadphonejackiphone) 128gb as well, which should I get? 

Im an avid photographer, and I am used to android than ios(first phone was android, 2md was android, 3rd was iPhone) 

specs and whatever aside, which will have better functionality?

thanks

google and android phones are great with google services. I enjoy gmail, dropbox  and other cool sync features...

Android apps are either cheaper or free always to extend much more...

Lg V20 is king is camera depatment and custom stuff your phone can do.

But nowadays almost every top end android phone is beast. 

I have nothing against iphones but i feel jailed in them... cannot even do stuff you want on your home screen.. I have my calandar and daily plan on sides just with swipes and camera, galery, dropbox, gmail always on front main screen with couple main apps just by reach

Either would be good. I would go with whatever has the better camera and software for said camera.

Edit: Since LTT is mostly an Android userbase, I'm going to guess more votes for Android...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Pixel. Better camera, an OS you're used to, headphone jack, probably cheaper.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, Qwerty2323 said:

google and android phones are great with google services. I enjoy gmail, dropbox  and other cool sync features...

Agreed. If you're an avid google service user, having it all synchronise is pretty neat. That said, Android supports lots of other synchronisable eco-systems too, such as Microsoft -- you could easily get rid of Google Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs; and swap it out for Outlook, Word, etc.

3 minutes ago, Qwerty2323 said:

What? Free android apps are usually free on Apple too. No idea what you mean by "extend" in this context.

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Pixel. Better camera, an OS you're used to, headphone jack, probably cheaper.

Probably cheaper if he's not going for the reasonably sized one... (XL). I guess that depends on your hand size, though. :P

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Really comes down to OS preference after all. They both have really nice cameras and the camera apps are both deemed to be quite nice. Do you have other Apple devices? If so, get an iPhone. I'm not an Apple user myself but the Apple ecosystem working together is just amazing. If not, you could still get the iPhone, just keep in mind that you're a bit more restricted within iOS (which you probably already know). Both devices are really great phones, though!

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

I'd honestly base decision around your eco system. If you have a mac or an ipad, get the iPhone--otherwise get the Pixel.

18 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Agreed. If you're an avid google service user, having it all synchronise is pretty neat. That said, Android supports lots of other synchronisable eco-systems too, such as Microsoft -- you could easily get rid of Google Drive, Mail, Calendar, Docs; and swap it out for Outlook, Word, etc.

What? Free android apps are usually free on Apple too. No idea what you mean by "extend" in this context.

Probably cheaper if he's not going for the reasonably sized one... (XL). I guess that depends on your hand size, though. :P

Normal pixel. Normal pixel 128gb is 700usd, pixel xl 128gb is 850 usd

how xl is the xl?

9 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

Really comes down to OS preference after all. They both have really nice cameras and the camera apps are both deemed to be quite nice. Do you have other Apple devices? If so, get an iPhone. I'm not an Apple user myself but the Apple ecosystem working together is just amazing. If not, you could still get the iPhone, just keep in mind that you're a bit more restricted within iOS (which you probably already know). Both devices are really great phones, though!

I'm used to both. iOS is all connected, but android is more seamless

3 minutes ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Just get the Google Pixl, its not worth learning ios if you have used Android plus the new iPhone IMO is under powered for the price.

I know how to use both

25 minutes ago, Qwerty2323 said:

Lg V20 is king is camera depatment and custom stuff your phone can do.

But nowadays almost every top end android phone is beast. 

I have nothing against iphones but i feel jailed in them... cannot even do stuff you want on your home screen.. I have my calandar and daily plan on sides just with swipes and camera, galery, dropbox, gmail always on front main screen with couple main apps just by reach

Lg v20 was my biggest choice, until I went to the Verizon store and that shir doesn't fit in my hand lol. Otherwise, I would get that. However, I compared pictures, and pictures taken by pixel seem to look nicer than ones taken by v20. I just like the 2nd screen and the wide angle and dac on v20

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

how xl is the xl?

5.5" just like the iPhone 7 Plus. Although I personally think the Pixel XL feels a lot smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus (which feels like holding an iPad mini if you ask me).

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

Normal pixel. Normal pixel 128gb is 700usd, pixel xl 128gb is 850 usd

how xl is the xl?

I didn't mean in terms of pricing. What's the newest iPhone's cost?

Uhh, and about similar to the Nexus 5X, which is 5"5.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

9 hours ago, Crowes said:

I didn't mean in terms of pricing. What's the newest iPhone's cost?

Uhh, and about similar to the Nexus 5X, which is 5"5.

I have pretty in hands, but I think I'll just get the normal one

9 hours ago, toasty6776 said:

5.5" just like the iPhone 7 Plus. Although I personally think the Pixel XL feels a lot smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus (which feels like holding an iPad mini if you ask me).

6 hours ago, Qwerty2323 said:

Samsung is still good option.. if you like small phones s7 is great

i dont wanna get a samsung. glass replacement is a bitch