New more powerfull cpu, same cpu usage

So i got me a i5 6600k and a budget asus gaming mb Z170 pro gaming motherboard

I knew it would give me nitro boost in (car) games, i knew it would give me better maximum performance

But im disapointed, it has at 4.4ghz on all core, about the same cpu usage as my fx 8300 at 4.2 ghz (also on all cores) used

when i was multitasking, infact my i5 6600k sometimes hit higher cpu usage than my fx 8300

surprised? Yes i know intel is  better than amd infact alot better, 25-30% more fps same games,same settings,same gpu only a i5 6600k cpu (fantastic)

atleast 25% better single core performance (geekbench 4 say 100%), even when thers 8 cores 8 threads in a fx 8300 my i5 6600k score alot higher atleast 50% than the fx 8300 at 4.2ghz

At the moment io use my cpu 60-70%, might have used my fx 8300 the same % (or mabye a bit less) but how come? An i5 6600 at 4.4ghz is alot more powerfull than a fx 8300 at 4.2ghz and cpu usage should be alot lower

power consumption and gaming (single core perfomance is alot better), but cpu usage is about the same, to high considering it's alot more powerfull

2xtwitch camchat,tv or youtube and facebook,linus forum it can easily hit 90%, amd fx 8300 was never more than 70-80%

5 minutes ago, gasolin said:

So i got me a i5 6600k and a budget asus gaming mb Z170 pro gaming motherboard

I knew it would give me nitro boost in (car) games, i knew it would give me better maximum performance

But im disapointed, it has at 4.4ghz on all core, about the same cpu usage as my fx 8300 at 4.2 ghz (also on all cores) used

when i was multitasking, infact my i5 6600k sometimes hit higher cpu usage than my fx 8300

surprised? Yes i know intel is  better than amd infact alot better, 25-30% more fps same games,same settings,same gpu only a i5 6600k cpu (fantastic)

atleast 25% better single core performance (geekbench 4 say 100%), even when thers 8 cores 8 threads in a fx 8300 my i5 6600k score alot higher atleast 50% than the fx 8300 at 4.2ghz

At the moment io use my cpu 60-70%, might have used my fx 8300 the same % (or mabye a bit less) but how come? An i5 6600 at 4.4ghz is alot more powerfull than a fx 8300 at 4.2ghz and cpu usage should be alot lower

power consumption and gaming (single core perfomance is alot better), but cpu usage is about the same, to high considering it's alot more powerfull

2xtwitch camchat,tv or youtube and facebook,linus forum it can easily hit 90%, amd fx 8300 was never more than 70-80%

You're looking at this from a very narrow minded point of view.  Quite literally the way you just explained it made me feel bad.  Regardless, Windows is gonna do, what it's gonna do.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Compare Cinebench test scores. At least you'll feel better about your purchase, although I can't help but wonder why you bought it.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Dude, you bought a chip that's less than 5% faster (by clock speed) than your old one and has half the cores to spread tasks out over and your mad your cpu usage didn't drop in mulitasking/workstation workloads? Why would you even expect that?

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

2 minutes ago, Elerek said:

Dude, you bought a chip that's less than 5% faster than your old one and has half the cores to spread tasks out over and your mad your cpu usage didn't drop in mulitasking/workstation workloads? Why would you even expect that?

WHAT?

1 minute ago, gasolin said:

WHAT?

You had an 8 core cpu running at 4.2ghz.

You got a new cpu with 4 cores at 4.4ghz.

How do you expect lower cpu usage in multitasking scenarios?

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

So, from your explanation, your new CPU is much better in everything but the usage is the same. I cant seem to locate a problem. If youre getting better performance and lower temps/power consumption then why are you complaining.

• CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k @4.3ghz, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @2400mhz, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 , Case: Corsair 300R, Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, WD 1TB Black HDD, WD 2TB HDD PSU: Evga SuperNova 750 G2, Display: ASUS VG248QE @144hz, Cooling: Cooler Master V8 GTS, Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum, Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed, Sound: Phillips SHP9500 + VModa Boom Pro, Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
  •  

The 5% is just clock speed, I know the intel chip is much newer and has a much better architecture. It also will be much faster when only boosting one or two cores, but in a full multitasking scenario, it's architecture improvements are not going to more than double it's performance per core with the older amd chip...

3 minutes ago, gasolin said:

Cinebench 11.5  8.08

Cinebench  15 703

The passmark benchmark doesn't at all match the stock score (dont know why) 

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/1322318

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/982192

https://browser.primatelabs.com/v4/cpu/1396846

See : http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-6600K-vs-AMD-FX-8300/3503vsm7163

The 6600k is 67% faster. which is a  LOT

2 minutes ago, Elerek said:

You had an 8 core cpu running at 4.2ghz.

You got a new cpu with 4 cores at 4.4ghz.

How do you expect lower cpu usage in multitasking scenarios?

You can't compare amd 8 core and ghz with 4 core from intel, intels 4 cores are faster, although they are faster cpu usage is almost the same

2 minutes ago, gasolin said:

You can't compare amd 8 core and ghz with 4 core from intel, intels 4 cores are faster, although they are faster cpu usage is almost the same

The 5% is just clock speed, I know the intel chip is much newer and has a much better architecture. It also will be much faster when only boosting one or two cores, but in a full multitasking scenario, it's architecture improvements are not going to more than double it's performance per core with the older amd chip...

11 minutes ago, Festive said:

So, from your explanation, your new CPU is much better in everything but the usage is the same. I cant seem to locate a problem. If youre getting better performance and lower temps/power consumption then why are you complaining.

I get better performance in games but i don't see any big difference in multitasking, although i had at some point around 90% cpu usage with my I5 i got some short strange lag watching tv 

I also has trouble getting my 2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz ram to run at there rated speed 3000mhz, i managed to get them to run at ther rated speed,it wasn't easy  corsair forum

Need to take ibt maximum, only had 10 runs of standard

4 minutes ago, gasolin said:

I get better performance in games but i don't see any big difference in multitasking, although i had at some point around 90% cpu usage with my I5 i got some short strange lag watching tv 

I also has trouble getting my 2x8gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz ram to run at there rated speed 3000mhz, i managed to get them to run at ther rated speed,it wasn't easy  corsair forum

Need to take ibt maximus only had 10 runs of standard

You wont see a big difference in multitasking. The 8300 can be faster in some tasks. The 6600K is definitely faster for gaming and everyday stuff such as web-browsing and opening normal applications. 

After the cpu usage intel vs amd i wonder if i should have bought a slightly more expensive i6 6700 non k since it has HT and keept it at turbos speed on all cores