Battlefield 4 has stopped working...

J-man

Hey guys,

Battlefield 4 keeps crashing every time I try to play multiplayer.  Sometimes I can play for a minute or two but then things freeze, it crashes, and I get the Battlefield 4 has stopped working.  Based on a quick google search, it would appear some others are experiencing this as well.  I was wondering how many of you guys are seeing this and if there are any solutions or suggestions.  Thanks in advance for any help or advice.  As of right now the game is unplayable.  I have not tried campaign mode.  I usually only get FPS games for the multiplayer.  

What card are you running?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I get Blue Screens if I try and stay in the lobby until it starts loading the next game, from a quick search it seems other people are having that issue as well.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

GTX 670

Have you made sure to update drivers?

I'm pretty sure nvidia has released some newer drivers for BF4 support.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I get Blue Screens if I try and stay in the lobby until it starts loading the next game, from a quick search it seems other people are having that issue as well.

Thanks for reporting.  I haven't had any blue screens, but It is good to know others are experiencing problems as well.  I guess good is a poor choice of words....  

Have you made sure to update drivers?

I'm pretty sure nvidia has released some newer drivers for BF4 support.

Updated my drivers last night before I installed the game.

On a side note, with those drivers came Nvidia Experience and it is reporting my resolution as 1536x864 but my resolution is 1920x1080.  I have it set to that in windows nvida control panel and in the battlefield settings.

It's happening to a lot of people. Thee server admins I've talked to all say this is a problem on the EA side and there isn't much we can do about it until the server patch goes live. A lot of servers are crashing after a handful of rounds; not saying that players aren't crashing in multiplayer / single player either because they are, but repairing an installation / updating drivers only does so much.

Wait for the server patch to go live.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

It's happening to a lot of people. Thee server admins I've talked to all say this is a problem on the EA side and there isn't much we can do about it until the server patch goes live. A lot of servers are crashing after a handful of rounds; not saying that players aren't crashing in multiplayer / single player either because they are, but repairing an installation / updating drivers only does so much.

Wait for the server patch to go live.

Thanks for the info.  Is there any known deployment date for that patch?

Thanks for the info.  Is there any known deployment date for that patch?

DICE yet to release a date for the stability patch; they've only stated that it is "in the works."

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

DICE yet to release a date for the stability patch; they've only stated that it is "in the works."

Ok.  Thanks again.