INSANE BF1 I7 6700K CPU USAGE HELP!

laushik

So ever since i've gotten this game i've been having a cpu usage issue where my cpu usage would go up every round I play. For example: My first round of amiens my cpu usage is 60-70% the after 3 rounds on the same map my cpu usage will be 80-100%. Now I know that this game is still new and what not, but after three patches with multiple cpu optimization I'm starting to think it's my system's fault and not the games'. MY SPECS ARE IN THE SIGNATURE DOWN BELOW. I have left some screenshots showing my cpu usage when playing and how there are no backround tasks eating up my cpu.

Thing I've done to solve the issue:

1. Reinstall windows

2. reinstall graphics card and drivers

3. Played around a bunch with nvidia control panel

4. stopped overclocks on both gpu and cpu

5. made sure nothing was thermal throttling

6. Reinstalled direct x

7. tried dx12 in game

8. Tried changing ram config

I've also found that my ram usage will be at 6gb then an hour later it will be 9gb. Isn't this called memory leak?

Screenshot (1).pngScreenshot (2).png

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

I've also contacted EA and they didn't really help

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

I don't know what the issue is, my CPU is maxed in some games aswell, BF1 is very CPU intensive and provided your FPS and GPU usage is ok I wouldn't worry about it

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it looks like you're hitting 98% on your CPU, 99% on your GPU, and you're well into the 90 FPS range. I am aware the game has some issues with inconsistent CPU performance, but in your case that looks sorta normal to me. What framerate are you expecting to reach? Is that 95–110 FPS significantly less than you normally maintain?

If you uncap your framerate, one thing or another has to hit a performance ceiling… it's actually remarkable that you've got both components at roughly the same point, meaning there's no performance left on the table.

3 minutes ago, typographie said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but it looks like you're hitting 98% on your CPU, 99% on your GPU, and you're well into the 90 FPS range. I am aware the game has some issues with inconsistent CPU performance, but in your case that looks sorta normal to me.

If you uncap your framerate, one thing or another has to hit a performance ceiling… it's actually remarkable that you've got both components at roughly the same point, meaning there's no performance left on the table.

The problem is... people with the same specs are never hitting 100% CPU.

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

7 minutes ago, laushik said:

Snip

Not going to tell you you're wrong or anything, but in the linked pictures you're giving us similar results. both instances have the same RAM usage, CPU usage, and GPU usage. as for why the numbers could be changing, that could depend on many factors, largely speaking, its what the OTHER players in the game are doing and what the game itself is doing, rather than what it is you are doing. so to you, everything may be the same, but perhaps there is more air combat going on, or maybe people are breaking more of the buildings around the map, or maybe there are more enemies in your immediate vicinity, or any number of other possible causes.

I would just say don't worry about it and keep playing your game. put your OC's back on.

3 minutes ago, laushik said:

Snip

This benchmark is from months ago when the game was still in BETA. you shouldn't compare BETA performance with live performance. perhaps it was better optimized since then. maybe your monitoring software is a bit different. maybe they're in a different game mode. who knows.

Just now, belfouf said:

and what about other game ? is it BF1 related or all games related ?

In games like gta v my CPU never goes above 70%. It's mostly a bf1 issue.

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

1 minute ago, Zyndo said:

This benchmark is from months ago when the game was still in BETA. you shouldn't compare BETA performance with live performance. perhaps it was better optimized since then. maybe your monitoring software is a bit different. maybe they're in a different game mode. who knows.

I've looked at some recent benchmarks and the same thing was happening.

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

1 minute ago, laushik said:

In games like gta v my CPU never goes above 70%. It's mostly a bf1 issue.

BF1 is one of the very few games that is capable of scaling beyond 4 cores. most other games will stop around 70% because that is what it looks like when the majority of your usage is only on 4 cores. being able to utilize more than that is handy for you, why are you so worried about this?

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

BF1 is one of the very few games that is capable of scaling beyond 4 cores. most other games will stop around 70% because that is what it looks like when the majority of your usage is only on 4 cores. being able to utilize more than that is handy for you, why are you so worried about this?

Because others don't have this much usage and also if games continue to be more CPU demanding then I'm afraid my 6700k will be underpowered quickly.

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

13 minutes ago, laushik said:

The problem is... people with the same specs are never hitting 100% CPU.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the way BF1 treats your CPU. There clearly is… I've seen this behavior myself, albeit with an i5-6600K. I normally get beautiful performance at or above 60 FPS, but once in a while I'll enter a map and be stuck at 45–50 FPS with 100% CPU load and have to restart the game to fix it. It looks like an optimization issue that only occurs somewhat rarely.

But in your case it doesn't look like it's hurting you much. Your CPU may be near its max load, but so is your video card. And if your video card can't work any harder, lowering your CPU load % is probably not going to make much difference.

So, again, is the problem that the game is actually running poorly, or worse than it does normally? Or is it just that the CPU load looks too high? If you just ignore the numbers for a moment, does the game feel alright to play?

5 minutes ago, laushik said:

Because others don't have this much usage and also if games continue to be more CPU demanding then I'm afraid my 6700k will be underpowered quickly.

Your CPU is currently the strongest overall gaming CPU in existence. period. Its not going to become underpowered or outdated for many years.

But if you're afraid about your expensive hardware becomming obsolete, then you could always just sell it and buy a pentium g4400 with a gtx 1050. at least that way you'll know you're obsolete right out of the gate =)

10 minutes ago, typographie said:

I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the way BF1 treats your CPU. There clearly is… I've seen this behavior myself, albeit with an i5-6600K. I normally get beautiful performance at or above 60 FPS, but once in a while I'll enter a map and be stuck at 45–50 FPS with 100% CPU load and have to restart the game to fix it. It looks like an optimization issue that only occurs somewhat rarely.

But in your case it doesn't look like it's hurting you much. Your CPU may be near its max load, but so is your video card. And if your video card can't work any harder, lowering your CPU load % is probably not going to make much difference.

So, again, is the problem that the game is actually running poorly, or worse than it does normally? Or is it just that the CPU load looks too high? If you just ignore the numbers for a moment, does the game feel alright to play?

It's just peace of mind... the game runs great and everything but seeing that CPU usage is just very frightening.

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

4 minutes ago, laushik said:

It's just peace of mind... the game runs great and everything but seeing that CPU usage is just very frightening.

Windows 10 has a way of making your cpu do weird things but it still manages to perform fine. Until it starts being a problem (performance or temperature) I would say don't worry about it.

When in doubt, re-format.

1 minute ago, laushik said:

I'm going to say it's normal, then. BF1 seems to do this from time to time.

I wouldn't worry about RAM usage, either. It's pretty normal for a game to increase its memory footprint once you've played it for an hour or so and loaded in and out of several maps.

A "memory leak" is when a program doesn't release the memory it uses when it should, and it just keeps going until your system runs out and the application crashes. It's a glitch in the progam's code that the developers themselves would need to patch out. It isn't something you can fix and your own hardware can't be at fault for it.

24 minutes ago, typographie said:

I'm going to say it's normal, then. BF1 seems to do this from time to time.

I wouldn't worry about RAM usage, either. It's pretty normal for a game to increase its memory footprint once you've played it for an hour or so and loaded in and out of several maps.

A "memory leak" is when a program doesn't release the memory it uses when it should, and it just keeps going until your system runs out and the application crashes. It's a glitch in the progam's code that the developers themselves would need to patch out. It isn't something you can fix and your own hardware can't be at fault for it.

Thanks. I'm just gonna play without worrying about anything. 

System

• CPU
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage