Do you Max out all your games?

IAmAkiro

Hi guys, i was wondering: Do you max out all your games? 

I noticed since i swapped my old 680 out with my 1070 Asus ROG OC version that I try the best and max out my games. But i sometimes wonder, but it's properly just bad thinking, because I like to monitor my games temp + cores and that when I play, but I don't see any changes in when in games so it's running perfect, but i notice an older game like Battlefield 3, on 1920X1080 it runs hotter than a newer game I play on Ultra, (Dead by Daylight) I don't mind but i don't know if it's the map, but I can play sometimes BF3 and only hit 57-58 degress, and today i could play another map and hit 60degress, reason i also make this topic is also to get an answer on my GPU, when should I worry, since the chances I have to clean it is minimal, and the aircans with dust we can get here are likely to blow water out, i can borrow an Aircompressor, but i feel like, last time I cleaned my old card that way it was likely the dust went more and more down in the card, so it just generated more heat another place. My old 680 couldn't run Dead by daylight at ultra without hitting over 80 degress, and it was around 3 years old. I don't know but something like Degress and noise worries me always, because the PC is right next to me, since the floor is carpet, also my computer get's so dusty because my dorm is 28 square meters, so i have 1 room where i do EVERYTHING, i hope you guys can give me some good tips, also I am willing to pay some $$$ to maybe get my PC a place where it' will keep it's cool but maybe stay more free from dust. 

Sorry for the confusion and my bad english + maybe wrong place to put my topic :) 

I first max visual settings then adjust any anti-aliasing to 2x or the lowest quality. If i get around 90+ FPS, i crank it to the max anti-aliasing. if it runs above 60 FPS, im leaving it max. If it gets somewhere lower than 40 FPS, i lower the anti-aliasing. One game i couldn't do this on is Assassin's Creed 3, where i had to run normal settings and no anti-aliasing, but it still looks fine. So I'm gucci.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Triple Fan | G.Skill 32GB 2x D5 6000

Yes i max all Games in 1440p (AA in some Titles excluded). But im not sure i understand your Topic here..?!

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

since the floor is carpet

its not a good idea to put a pc on carpet

My meaning was also More like when does my tog 1070 start throttle, and when should I actually worry

your question is pretty confusing... what are you trying to ask? 

1 minute ago, tim19683 said:

it's not the end of the world. unless you're pointing the PSU downwards where the fan is supposed to be or there are fans placed at the bottom of the case, there shouldn't be much harm. 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

it's not the end of the world. unless you're pointing the PSU downwards where the fan is supposed to be or there are fans placed at the bottom of the case, there shouldn't be much harm. 

still, its good practice to at least put it on piece of wood or something

2 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

My meaning was also More like when does my tog 1070 start throttle, and when should I actually worry

60 degrees is pretty cold for a GPU at max load. 57-58 degrees is even colder. it'll only become a concern when your temps go above 80 C, in spite of raising fan speed to compensate. 

I have an intel HD 4600. I am afraid to run any game at lowest settings...

I have an i5 and 970 and play Overwatch (only game I play) at the High preset as I can get a steady 150 FPS. I'm getting a 144hz monitor soon and getting used to the visual detail of that works well. 

On a side note, man Overwatch needs an i7 to be perfectly fluid all the time.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I have an intel HD 4600. I am afraid to run any game at lowest settings...

Lol me too

It gets even worse when ur trying to game on Arch Linux :P

20 minutes ago, Technicolors said:
23 minutes ago, tim19683 said:

HE DIDN'T SAID THAT HIS PC IS ON CARPET....

27 minutes ago, GGWP1337 said:

the PC is right next to me, since the floor is carpet,

@GGWP1337 

Bro... don't go crazy...

If temperatures are less than 80c on CPU or GPU, you dont have nothing to worry about...

Also, to hit 80c, you have to push "X" component A LOT nowadays...

Don't worry ;)

And by the way...

I do max out every game first...

Then if needed i would lower some settings... So far never happened LOL

5 minutes ago, roblesaturcamilo said:

chill, it was implied

12 minutes ago, roblesaturcamilo said:

wouldn't matter too much either way unless of the aspects i have mentioned earlier are true 

Unless it's an old game, no. High framerates are more important to me.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Depends on the game, If is a competitive multiplayer game then I'll drop everything to low to maximize frame rate and reduce effects that might be distracting.  Otherwise I'll max and tweek till I get an acceptable frame rate.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Yes, appart from Nvidia gameworks stuff.
And if I need to turn anything down I will turn down shadows.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

16 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

On a side note, man Overwatch needs an i7 to be perfectly fluid all the time.

*looks at his laptop* 

Yeah it's an i7 4700hq! With an 850m.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

*looks at his laptop* 

Yeah it's an i7 4700hq! With an 850m.

Ah, I meant a hyperthreaded quad-core :D

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Ah, I meant a hyperthreaded quad-core :D

It is:P

Just now, Bouzoo said:

It is. :P

Wait, I thought the HQ versions were dual-cores?

Nope, Google says I'm stupid.

Well your laptop will probably run OW pretty smoothly then despite having an 850M xD

5 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Wait, I thought the HQ versions were dual-cores?

Nope, Google says I'm stupid.

Well your laptop will probably run OW pretty smoothly then despite having an 850M xD

U models are DC. HQ are non upgradeable, QM are upgradeable QC.

On free weekend I played it on mid/high with some settings turned off due to input lag. Was getting 40-60. But on a serious note, that i7 is not really that good. I need an upgrade next year. I'll probably buy it next month and I think imma go all low. xD

On another serious note, @STRMfrmXMNhow the hell do you pronounce your name? :P Tagged you because edit.

Edited by Bouzoo

I use the best settings I can when still maintaining 60 FPS at my monitor's native resolution, sure. In some cases that means I'm somewhere below max, and in other cases I have enough overhead that I'm using mods and config file tweaks to increase complexity beyond the game's max settings.