H100 push/pull with Noctua NF-F12 or Kraken X60

I have an H100 with two Noiseblocker eLoop b12-4 fans @900rpm. Theyre very quiet for airflow, probably the best airflow fans currently available on the market, but air flowing noises are created when using them for pushing air through rads... So I consider buying 2 Noctua NF-F12 for push and use the Noiseblocker for pull.

Or wouldnt I benefit more from upgrading to X60 (price per performance wise...) ?

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Try the fans first, you can always use the Noctuas on any future coolers anyway

X60 is 140mm, H100 is 120mm... so I could not use the fans for H100 with X60.

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Lol didnt think about that..i haven't seen any benchmarks between them yet, sorry

From a noise perspective the H100 would be louder in push/pull with only a slight benfit over either push or pull.

The X60 is a dual 140 with more surface area than the H100.

If there is a difference it will likely only be 2-3 degrees if your lucky.

There's a comparison on AnandTech with the H100i and X60 (and others): http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared

It's up to you whether the upgrade is worth it or not, i.e. does your temps suck? Is your CPU getting way too hot? etc. If you decide to get the X60, you could always try and sell the H100 and see if you can get a few bucks from it towards the X60. What Dragon_Cannon said, and from the comparison on AnandTech, it's only around 3-4 degrees difference with the H100 and X60.

Huge Thanks Chrno, that's what I was looking for!

Gah! Decisions decisions. Just picked up my H100i and installed it yesterday. Still getting 70c under load though.

But I could easily just return for the X60. Is it a viable upgrade though if I already own an H100i?

70c under load is pretty good. I'd say keep the H100i, it'll probably be a 3-4 degree difference if you use the X60 (depends if that 3-4 degree difference really matters to you).

depends on the clock speeds that you processor is sitting on with the 70c. If that is stock speeds check to see if the cooler is seated properly on that processor.

70c under load is pretty good. I'd say keep the H100i' date=' it'll probably be a 3-4 degree difference if you use the X60 (depends if that 3-4 degree difference really matters to you).[/quote']

depends on the clock speeds that you processor is sitting on with the 70c. If that is stock speeds check to see if the cooler is seated properly on that processor.

3 or 4 degrees, probably not too much of a care then at that. Especially since the price of the X60 would run me another 30 bucks.

And for reference its a 3570K at 4.3. (For whatever reason nothing is stable above that x_x)

Around 29c idle. 70c Prime95.

I see no need to run push/pull - generates more noise and makes the rad harder to clean..

Push pull is great if you plan to undervolt your fans. It can be much quieter with the same temps!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Push/Pull is also very beneficial for high FPI rads... I have a EX360 which benefits a lot from this, whereas my RX240 doesn't so much.

Another thing to try - don't use that stock TIM - get some high end stuff like MX4 - clean off the old stuff and reapply. Remember, less is more. :) That might also help bring down the temps some.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

done. H100 TIM cleaned off, MX-4 applied, 5°C cooler!

THX