Microsoft revoking my key?...

Stevers108

Today after I had some errors occur, I decided to refresh my PC (after 4 years of having it, I've never refreshed it). It reverted back to Windows 8 (I upgraded legally through the app store to 8.1) and now it says my Windows 8 key is invalid... It came pre-installed on my system... I'm so mad right now.. Is there anything I can do?

2 minutes ago, Stevers108 said:

Today after I had some errors occur, I decided to refresh my PC (after 4 years of having it, I've never refreshed it). It reverted back to Windows 8 (I upgraded legally through the app store to 8.1) and now it says my Windows 8 key is invalid... It came pre-installed on my system... I'm so mad right now.. Is there anything I can do?

Contact MS support. 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Contact MS support. 

Microsoft should have no issue restoring the license to your PC. Looks like the refresh was using a key that was now tied to Windows 8.1 instead of 8.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Microsoft should have no issue restoring the license to your PC. Looks like the refresh was using a key that was now tied to Windows 8.1 instead of 8.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Contact MS support. 

I contacted HP (I bought a basic PC and tore it down 2 years ago to re-build it) but nonetheless, I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Thanks guys, I needed to rant to somebody :(

2 minutes ago, Stevers108 said:

I contacted HP (I bought a basic PC and tore it down 2 years ago to re-build it) but nonetheless, I will definitely contact them tomorrow. Thanks guys, I needed to rant to somebody :(

Microsoft has been pretty good at activating keys that stopped working for me so do that text chat thing with them and they should be able to fix it

Thanks guys :) This gives me a lot of options to work with. I never ran into this issue before...

Just now, stationvsbox said:

fuck hp contact/chat with micosoft directly 

they replaced my wn8 key with a 8.1