Recommended Mechanical keyboards

Daniel22

I've been thinking of picking up a new keyboard that will last for a very long time, I would really appreciate if you have read this to drop a keyboard you yourself are interested

in or even your very own keyboard along with your experience with it

whats your price point? I use budget and premium so it's dependent on your price point. Also do you have any knowledge of switches for keyboards? 

if you want it to last a long time, you might want to look into the Corsair linup. i used to have a K65 with Cherry MX reds and the build quality was amazing. very thick aluminium on top, with a super solid feel to it.

right now i'm using a Quickfire Rapid-i with MX browns, and this is all plastic, which feels a bit cheaper.

the white backlighting is awesome though! not too flashy, but definitely bright enough.

1 minute ago, spiralfuzion said:

whats your price point? I use budget and premium so it's dependent on your price point. Also do you have any knowledge of switches for keyboards? 

My price point is around the 60's or 90's I ain't really interested in rgb lighting, and yes I am aware of some switches for mechanical keyboards

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

if you want it to last a long time, you might want to look into the Corsair linup. i used to have a K65 with Cherry MX reds and the build quality was amazing. very thick aluminium on top, with a super solid feel to it.

right now i'm using a Quickfire Rapid-i with MX browns, and this is all plastic, which feels a bit cheaper.

the white backlighting is awesome though! not too flashy, but definitely bright enough.

I've definitely heard some stuff about corsairs keyboard lineup, but hows that quickfire rapid keeping up? 

1 minute ago, Daniel22 said:

I've definitely heard some stuff about corsairs keyboard lineup, but hows that quickfire rapid keeping up? 

pretty good actually! i love how the browns feel for typing, eventough for gaming i prefer the more linear cherry reds. as i said, this one is pretty much all plastic. this makes the base feel a bit cheaper. it has no flex whatsoever though, and it's pretty heavy so it won't slip around on slippery desks.

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

pretty good actually! i love how the browns feel for typing, eventough for gaming i prefer the more linear cherry reds. as i said, this one is pretty much all plastic. this makes the base feel a bit cheaper. it has no flex whatsoever though, and it's pretty heavy so it won't slip around on slippery desks.

and noted, thanks for your suggestions!

I'm using a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S (with Cherry MX Browns). Really happy with it. I got a TKL keyboard because I rarely used the numpad (other than the Enter key) and have not missed the numpad at all.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I'm using a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S (with Cherry MX Browns). Really happy with it. I got a TKL keyboard because I rarely used the numpad (other than the Enter key) and have not missed the numpad at all.

definitely I'm liking the idea of removing the num pad in keyboards, I myself don't necessarily need it and this is why I am keeping a close eye on razer's tournament edition lineup

corsair and ducky line are both well made keyboard but the price come with the quality. The Redragon k551 is cheap and good quality for the price. Corsair straffe i think is under 100$ on amazon right now.  Eagletec kg010/kg011 - Monoprice mech rgb - Nixeus moda pro - E-element z-88 104 ... thats what i found under 100$

14 minutes ago, Sirmat said:

corsair and ducky line are both well made keyboard but the price come with the quality. The Redragon k551 is cheap and good quality for the price. Corsair straffe i think is under 100$ on amazon right now.  Eagletec kg010/kg011 - Monoprice mech rgb - Nixeus moda pro - E-element z-88 104 ... thats what i found under 100$

The E-element z88 104 is looking pretty good, the fact it has no num pad and that is a nice small design thats still possible to type on is really gonna be in my favor, its a decent price point for me and I will definitely do some research on this keyboard thanks a lot for your suggestions! 

I'm thinking of getting the blackwidow x tournament edition non-rgb or the corsair k65 @RollinLower mentioned earlier on. whats your thoughts?

6 hours ago, Daniel22 said:

I'm thinking of getting the blackwidow x tournament edition non-rgb or the corsair k65 @RollinLower mentioned earlier on. whats your thoughts?

Quickfire> Blackwidoe/K65

Plastic Frame much cleaner than aluminium builds, Also standard home front row for easy modding or keycap changeing

Image result for quickfire blank keycaps

Image result for quickfire blank keycaps

Honestly, your best bet is the corsair strafe, I've had one (with cherry mx reds) for about a year and it's held up great. I personally have the rgb variant which is a $40US premium but you can get the static red (still programmable via cue(Corsair-Utility-Engin) for $75 right now 

Static red variant: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZUPOMDQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ZJHwybSS5VCPZ

Rgb variant: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014W3FGYU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_EOHwyb6C40KW4

(PS: I can't find any other static color besides red. Hope this helps) 

If you are going down the black widow road I would just make sure you want the tactile feel that comes with them. If you are looking at cherry mx red or brown then go with the k65. From the people I have talked to the blackwidow x keys fall between brown and blue cherry mx.

Does anyone know a good cherry mx blue keyboard without the num pad its really what I'm looking for at this moment 

11 hours ago, Daniel22 said:

Does anyone know a good cherry mx blue keyboard without the num pad its really what I'm looking for at this moment 

Quickfire Rapid or Magicforce 68.

Hey, if you're looking for a keyboard to last a long time try out this one: http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/ in the website you can choose the size of the keyboard (fullsize, compact...) and choose the coulors of the key caps and a few other options shown on the website.