New to programming (looking for advice) + laptop for it

Go to solution Solved by riklaunim,

In our company a developer needs a PC (or a laptop) that is quad core i5 or i7, supporting 2 displays, 16 GB or RAM, SSD storage. No dGPU needed in this case. The keyboard is the key component as you will be using it a lot.

It should also be relatively quiet so check reviews, don't buy overshrinked laptop as it will easily get loud under load.

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:28 PM, Nuluvius said:

Oh you don't have to convince me. I have over a decade of professional experience in the field to do that.

I've got a decade of not buying stuff that costs more than I think should ^o^

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

6 hours ago, Remixt said:

In my opinion (for programming not for gaming), the laptop specs aren't as important as the aesthetics. I would go to a store and try out a few laptops and see how you like the keyboard, screen resolution, ect... For programming you need a computer that will become invisible while you work, otherwise it can be distracting or down right dabilitating. So you want something that is super comfortable to use, and something that has a higher screen resolution so you aren't scrolling through your code more than looking at it.

I personally prefer mechanical keys so I like Asus/Razer gaming laptops as they generally have pretty good build quality. Here is a decent one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16834234298

Th k you I'll consider it 

In our company a developer needs a PC (or a laptop) that is quad core i5 or i7, supporting 2 displays, 16 GB or RAM, SSD storage. No dGPU needed in this case. The keyboard is the key component as you will be using it a lot.

It should also be relatively quiet so check reviews, don't buy overshrinked laptop as it will easily get loud under load.