Question about windows 10 and media creation tool?

Do i have to dowload windows 10 using media creation tool aswell as make bootable usb using it or can i download windows 10 using media creation tool and then make the bootable usb using rufus? The reason i ask is i want to store the iso on my pc saves me downloading windows 10 twice.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, ihsan_54321 said:

Do i have to dowload windows 10 using media creation tool aswell as make bootable usb using it or can i download windows 10 using media creation tool and then make the bootable usb using rufus? The reason i ask is i want to store the iso on my pc saves me downloading windows 10 twice.

Thanks

The media creation tool will let you make a bootable USB, I have always downloaded the ISO and used Rufus it is much faster than most other options as the proudly state on their website.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

If you are going to install Windows 10 on a newer computer that has UEFI, then you can download the .iso through the tool and then use 7Zip to extract the .iso file to a folder. Then get a USB drive and format it as FAT32 (warning: deletes everything on the USB drive!)

After formatting, copy the files inside the folder that got extracted from the .iso file. (The boot, efi, setup, EVERYTHING) to the USB drive.

Reboot into UEFI BIOS and boot from it.

This is by far the most clean and best way to do it :)

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM