Games default to 24Hz after reboot

Voxmasher
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,
36 minutes ago, Voxmasher said:

Displayport. Because the FPS doesn't go higher than 24. If I tab out or not focus the game itself it goes back up.

1. Yes.

2. 144Hz

3. Under resolultion, next to it is Refresh rate: which is set to 144Hz.

4. All games. As I replied to the previous post, if I run Windowed Bordeless and focus another window it goes back up to a maximum of 144 fps.

You know what, I think I had this type of issue a while back. A few games I was playing would go to 24fps.
My problem was geforce experiance.
If you are using it, turn off nvidia share and then close geforce experience and see if it helps.

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz

16GB DDR 9-9-9-24 Corsair Vengence

MSI Z87-G45 mobo

Nvidia GTX 970 running 376.33 drivers

ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p 144Hz monitor

So with my specs out of the way... Whenever I boot up and start a game it limits the game to 24Hz, even if it's set to 144Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel. There are two ways to fix this, one is to change it from 144Hz to anything below, apply, and reapply 144Hz, or to start a game, either switch to, or from, fullscreen and back. It's a minor issue that is just irritating enough to have me curse it every time I boot.

Anyone with any idea what's wrong and how to fix it? I've tried reinstalling the drivers and ticking clean install (usually how I do it either way, but I've tried doing it again.)

Its ok, its more Cinematic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

What type of cable are you using? How do you know its 24hz?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

1. Is your display set to 144hz in the pc settings?
Right click desktop, display settings, advanced display settings, display adapter properties and then monitor.

2. We use the same monitor, when you boot up windows, what does it show you when your press the "turbo" button on the side of the monitor?

3. In Nvidia control panel is it set to 144hz or highest available? I don't think it gives you a per hz option.
Also make sure the game itself is set to highest available in Nvidia control pannel.

4. Is it just one game or them all?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

40 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Its ok, its more Cinematic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

What type of cable are you using? How do you know its 24hz?

Displayport. Because the FPS doesn't go higher than 24. If I tab out or not focus the game itself it goes back up.

37 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

1. Is your display set to 144hz in the pc settings?
Right click desktop, display settings, advanced display settings, display adapter properties and then monitor.

2. We use the same monitor, when you boot up windows, what does it show you when your press the "turbo" button on the side of the monitor?

3. In Nvidia control panel is it set to 144hz or highest available? I don't think it gives you a per hz option.
Also make sure the game itself is set to highest available in Nvidia control pannel.

4. Is it just one game or them all?

1. Yes.

2. 144Hz

4. All games. As I replied to the previous post, if I run Windowed Bordeless and focus another window it goes back up to a maximum of 144 fps.

36 minutes ago, Voxmasher said:

1. Yes.

2. 144Hz

You know what, I think I had this type of issue a while back. A few games I was playing would go to 24fps.
If you are using it, turn off nvidia share and then close geforce experience and see if it helps.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

27 minutes ago, leelaa14 said:

It was Nvidias damn Share shit. I thought by now they'd fix it. Welp.

5 minutes ago, Voxmasher said:

It was Nvidias damn Share shit. I thought by now they'd fix it. Welp.

Yeah I gave in using it a while back. I install it now and again to see if the problems I have have been fixed, but nope.