Samsung Galaxy Golden Dual-Core Flip Phone Officially Debuts in India

After weeks of speculation, world smartphone leader Samsung finally launched the dual-screen flip phone Galaxy Golden in India on Monday.

Speaking on the new smartphone launch, Samsung Mobiles, Country Head, Vineet Taneja said, "At Samsung, we are committed to making lives easier and smarter for our customers and Galaxy Golden does exactly that. With its innovative dual display and premium golden finish, Galaxy Golden brings together the best of touch and type experience on a smartphone," reportedTimes of India.

Galaxy Golden sports a 3.7-inch super AMOLED WVGA dual display, having 480x800p resolutions and runs on the Android v4.2 Jelly Bean OS, powered by 1.7GHz dual-core processor with 1.5GB RAM and 16GB inbuilt memory (expandable up to 64GB).

Other specifications include 3 x 4 numeric key pad, 8.0-megapixel main camera, 1.9-megapixel secondary camera and 1820 mAh battery. On connectivity front, it houses 3G network support, dual-SIM slot, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS.

It looks like that flip phone was for the asian markets, but trying to sell these specifications in this day and age, they must be out of their of minds. Also the most astonishing part is that it costs around $850 here in India.

Source: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/517582/20131028/samsung-galaxy-golden-flip-phone-india-launch.htm

I've had this idea in my head for ages...

Another idea was a transparent screen phone that could other black out the side or flop the image for everyone to see.

I expected this to be a great low-mid range phone but it's being priced like a flagship... Specs aren't any good compared to it's lineup yet it's the most expensive?

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670