Nvidia's planned obsolescence

HughMungusCynicalAnarch

how come deus ex mankind divided runs 16 times worse than crysis 3 on my gtx 560 'tis? Seriously 4 times less fps and looks 4 times worse at the fps I get. 

Same with many modern games that look just so much worse at the settings I have which is usually at the lowest setting.

you could see this shit in bf h vs bf3 and very little has changed between the two.

It feels like either nvidia is gimping the cards by way of drivers or developers are purposely making their games run like garbage on older hardware. Also let's look at a game like gta v or the last of us on the old gen consoles, they look pretty damn good considering those consoles topped out at 400 gflops and 512mb ram so why can't my cards at give me better performance? Mankind divided runs at 19 fps on average with such awful graphics, worse than crysis 3 on the 360 or the last of us on PS3. 

I have the money to upgrade but but the point is I shouldn't have to do so.

nvidia and game developers fuck you you coniving greedy bastards. I don't know if amd does this as well but If they do do this as well then go back to my previous sentence.

Uhm ok?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Because 560Ti is not a 4K card

Where did I say I was playing in 4K? It was 900p and then I moved down to 720p and still nothing changed. Crysis 3 on medium to high settings runs around 50 fps o n 1080p.

1 minute ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Where did I say I was playing in 4K? It was 900p and then I moved down to 720p and still nothing changed. Crysis 3 on medium to high settings runs around 50 fps o n 1080p.

I edited. 560Ti is not a strong card dude or you are not updating the drivers

I edited. 560Ti is not a strong card dude

I don't think you're getting my point.

if crysis 3 runs like that just great then why does a game that looks so much worse run also so much worse?

I don't think you're getting my point.

if crysis 3 runs like that just great then why does a game that looks so much worse run also so much worse?

what cpu. most likely you are bottlenecked

mankind divided is optimised really badly - i've seen 1070s struggle at 1080p with it. SLI is also really bad apparently.

idk

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Yeah. It's called making them look better

Because Crysis. Also, which CPU do you have? 

Use older drivers if it bothers you so much

No it's called conspiring with nvidia or being lazy.

what? Crysis looks good and runs good, there's no excuse for these new games looking worse and running worse.

are you fucking kidding me? Did you just admit new drivers gimp old hardware and are defending it?

No it's called conspiring with nvidia or being lazy.

what? Crysis looks good and runs good, there's no excuse for these new games looking worse and running worse.

are you fucking kidding me? Did you just admit new drivers gimp old hardware and are defending it?

nvidia doesn't make games....

games run bad it's not nvidia issues

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

mankind divided is optimised really badly - i've seen 1070s struggle at 1080p with it. SLI is also really bad apparently.

There's optimization that's done on both the driver side and the game dev side. Crysis 3 has been out for a long time and there's been more than enough time to have it be optimized from both sides. Deus Ex hasn't been out as long so it doesn't have that kind of benefit, plus its a different dev so complaining that one game doesn't run as well as another from a completely different dev doesnt really make any sense. A 560 Ti is a pretty weak card, if you want your GPU's to be usable for a longer period of time then dont buy mid range GPU's. Save up and buy top end cards as you can use them longer before needing to replace them.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

>Has old card
>Tries to run a new game that wasn't running that well for anyone

>Says they can run Crysis 3 fine but doesn't mention settings or rest of specs

>Both games are partnered with AMD

>Blames supposed Nvidia obsolescence

Seriously, toss the tin foil hat.

1 minute ago, Ostwind said:

There's optimization that's done on both the driver side and the game dev side. Crysis 3 has been out for a long time and there's been more than enough time to have it be optimized from both sides. Deus Ex hasn't been out as long so it doesn't have that kind of benefit, plus its a different dev so complaining that one game doesn't run as well as another from a completely different dev doesnt really make any sense. A 560 Ti is a pretty weak card, if you want your GPU's to be usable for a longer period of time then dont buy mid range GPU's. Save up and buy top end cards as you can use them longer before needing to replace them.

This also true for almost every other game and optimization isn't done years after a game is out or even id say 6 months.

there is no excuse for this when other games look amazing and also run amazing on weak hardware. 

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

>Has old card
>Tries to run a new game that wasn't running that well for anyone

>Says they can run Crysis 3 fine but doesn't mention settings or rest of specs

>Both games are partnered with AMD

>Blames supposed Nvidia obsolescence

Seriously, toss the tin foil hat.

I said medium to high on 1080p with fxaa.

4 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

This also true for almost every other game and optimization isn't done years after a game is out or even id say 6 months.

there is no excuse for this when other games look amazing and also run amazing on weak hardware. 

different dev different results. pretty simple to figure out mate. If you dont like poorly optimized games running like crap on your outdated kit then upgrade or dont buy the game.

Also Nvidia doesnt need to artificially make a 560 Ti slower through drivers because its already slow.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I have never played Deus Ex but so far now my temporary GTX 560Ti has shown very good results in 1080p and I am using the latest geforce experience driver pack, i hardly think that they would release drivers meant to worse the performance, in matter or fact this reminds me of a video Linus made:

I mean nVidia might be more "evil" than AMD but they won't go around breaking your hardware to force you buy new one, instead they make a great work so old stuff is good enough for you to feel safe buying a new hardware when you feel like, I am very impressed with the 1080p performance of the GTX560Ti, I can't wait to get my hands on the GTX 1070.

On a side note, some games do feel like they lack optimizing, I tried playing the Aragami one that released this year, the graphics are very cartoonish and not much of big deal honestly, AC 3 has much better graphics and runs smooth 60fps maxed settings aside AA though Aragami on in high settings will do 40ish fps, that makes little sense to me aside it being probably bad optimization.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

21 minutes ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

how come deus ex mankind divided runs 16 times worse than crysis 3 on my gtx 560 'tis

because the system requirements are "16 times" higher.

here's a comparison between the two recommended GPUs:

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-660-vs-Nvidia-GeForce-GTS-450/2162vsm7762

--

and on the note of consoles: if you punch the actual settings they run at into your pc, you'll see why they seemingly run so well (which actually... they really dont if you really look for issues...)

--

if you think this is nvidia making your card slower, you really need to go sit in a corner with a tinfoil hat, and remove yourself from technology to become a free range bio farmer.

21 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Uhm ok?

This video clearly shows that it runs as expected. Dude is getting 50 fps average, what seems to be the issue?

16 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Use older drivers if it bothers you so much

you know... i'd almost bet that between the drivers launched in the GTS 450 haydays and the most recent drivers nvidia recommends when you say you have a GTS 450, it's gonna be the same if not better on the recent drivers.

Just now, Matu20 said:

This video clearly shows that it runs as expected. Dude is getting 50 fps average, what seems to be the issue?

The issue is OP claims he is getting less

The issue is OP claims he is getting less

Sorry, I didn't express myself enough. I took your video just like you intended it to. My response was meant for the OP as well.

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

he's pointing out to OP that it's most likely an issue in layer 8, rather than an issue with nvidia "gimping his card"

Just now, manikyath said:

he's pointing out to OP that it's most likely an issue in layer 8, rather than an issue with nvidia "gimping his card"

That's what I was trying to do as well, guess I was misunderstood.

1 minute ago, Matu20 said:

That's what I was trying to do as well, guess I was misunderstood.

it happens, language barriers are a thing and a written medium doesnt help that ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

it happens, language barriers are a thing and a written medium doesnt help that ;)

Nah, it's not due to language barrier at all. I shouldn't quote a third person with a direct question, expecting the OP to respond, laziness :D