Two 960 PROs in RAID 0 - One Now, One Later

Hi, I have a 960 PRO. I want to get another one in six months and connect the two 960 PROs in RAID 0. This means that one 960 PRO will be used, one won't be used. Is this fine for a RAID 0 configuration?

Yes. The point of raid is so that drives can be swapped in and out when needed. His doesn't apply in the same sense using raid 0, but it will work fine. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

17 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

It'll work and be fine, but why RAID 0 for nvme drives?

Is it not too effective? I want to see how fast I can get.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 8:06 PM, Anonymous00001 said:

Hi, I have a 960 PRO. I want to get another one in six months and connect the two 960 PROs in RAID 0. This means that one 960 PRO will be used, one won't be used. Is this fine for a RAID 0 configuration?

It'll work, but do note to make the RAID0 array with both drives, you'll have to make a new RAID0 array and lose all data on the drive currently (The one you have now). This means OS clean install / back up everything on the drive when you get the new one to make the RAID0 array.

1 hour ago, scottyseng said:

It'll work, but do note to make the RAID0 array with both drives, you'll have to make a new RAID0 array and lose all data on the drive currently (The one you have now). This means OS clean install / back up everything on the drive when you get the new one to make the RAID0 array.

Fresh Install now and then never hurt anyone, I do it every couple months. Keeps things "fresh"

1 minute ago, Cyborgsmith said:

Fresh Install now and then never hurt anyone, I do it every couple months. Keeps things "fresh"

I wish I had the free time to do so...It takes too long to reinstall Adobe, Autodesk, and my other large programs for me. I need to clean install pretty soon though, the anniversary update disconnects my network drive every time I restart the PC :(

2 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

I wish I had the free time to do so...It takes too long to reinstall Adobe, Autodesk, and my other large programs for me. I need to clean install pretty soon though, the anniversary update disconnects my network drive every time I restart the PC :(

In that case you might benefit from running snapshots on a nas (or even an external SSD) , you could setup a "vanilla" windows install with everything installed. You could then reload the snapshot. Just a though.