Fiancee's New PC

Neuro

Alright so I'm a little worried about what I want to do. But I do have some specifications on what I would like. Let me go through them.

So the build is for her to do Schoolwork, Some Video Editing/Rendering, Streaming Possibly, and obviously Gaming.

I have a $1,500 Budget on the build. THIS BUDGET IT FOR THE COMPONENTS ONLY, not the peripherals. I will not be including the Case in the budget due to already owning the case but I will include it in the build anyways.

*Note* Anything listed has already been bought 

Case: Corsair Graphite 780T White Gaming FULL-ATX Case

Mouse Pad: Corsair MM200 Extended Gaming Mouse Mat

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU:

Motherboard:

Memory:

Storage:

GPU:
PSU:

Optical Drive:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the desk setup, I want a triple monitor setup so you'd need to have a GPU or two with either Display ports or HDMI ports to compensate

Anything already listed can not be changed due to preferences. Add any other things you might think we'd need.

Monitor 1: 

Monitor 2: 

Monitor 3: 

Monitor Stand: 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Mechanical - Blue LED - Cherry MX Red Gaming Keyboard

Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury Gaming Mouse 

Mouse Pad: Corsair MM200 Extended Gaming Mouse Mat

Headset: ASTRO A40 TR Headset + MIXAMP Pro TR For PC/MAC White (Blue Mod Kit)

Webcam: 

Desk: I would like a cheap Corner/L Desk in White please

Chair: DXRacer Gaming Formula Racing Chair OH/FD101/NB Blue

My friend, I said that I already have a case, read it again and hmu with another list

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($379.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: ASRock X99 Taichi ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($175.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.09 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1478.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-13 19:08 EST-0500

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Guy's, when I say that I need a list, I need a List for the PC that will have a decent GPU, not an overpriced one. She's going to need more storage and rendering capabilities. Plus you guys are completely missing the peripherals section.

Please reread

10 minutes ago, Neuro said:

Guy's, when I say that I need a list, I need a List for the PC that will have a decent GPU, not an overpriced one. She's going to need more storage and rendering capabilities. Plus you guys are completely missing the peripherals section.

Please reread

The 1070 and i7-6800K should provide very good rendering capabilities for your budget, a boot 275GB should be ample for programs and any further HDD would be at your discretion given the kind of workflow she may use. I believe you said in the OP that the peripherals would not be included in the budget, is there an issue with the list that I am not seeing?

Cheers!

The peripherals are not included in the PC budget, it is a completely separate function for her. Read the entire thing and you'd understand. @Orianous 

3 minutes ago, Neuro said:

The peripherals are not included in the PC budget, it is a completely separate function for her. Read the entire thing and you'd understand. @Orianous 

Alright, are you asking for a list that includes everything you've already mentioned? Because it seems as though @stealth80 has filled in the blanks for components already.

I want a $1,500 list for the PC that doesn't include a case.
I also want the peripherals that I haven't listed already to be added, I'm going for a Triple Monitor Setup and I would like anything in the peripherals section that I already haven't filled, to be filled.

I'm adding a personal custom liquid cooling setup so a cooler isn't necessary.

18 minutes ago, Neuro said:

I want a $1,500 list for the PC that doesn't include a case.
I also want the peripherals that I haven't listed already to be added, I'm going for a Triple Monitor Setup and I would like anything in the peripherals section that I already haven't filled, to be filled.

I'm adding a personal custom liquid cooling setup so a cooler isn't necessary.

I gave you a list for a PC that pretty much perfectly suits your needs, the fact you are adding custom liquid wasn't in the original post. The processor and ram are the sweet spot for rendering, and when I checked you wanted a triple monitor set up and:

a) didn't give a budget for them

b) didn't state preferred sizes or size of desk

c) no preferred resolution

which brings me to my next point - triple monitors with no desired res makes the 1070 pretty much spot on, especially as you said she wants to game as well

but here goes:

Storage: Crucial MX300 750GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($169.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($89.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 1070 8GB XLR8 Video Card  ($389.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.89 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Dell U2414H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($218.01 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell U2414H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor  ($218.01 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Dell U2515H 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($316.99 @ B&H)
Total: $2257.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-13 19:48 EST-0500

3x DELL IPS monitors with reasonable refresh, these should be a nice middle ground for work and gaming

As for the webcam, no idea.... I guess just read a review

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I understand where you are coming from, I wanted people to get creative with the monitors, and regardless if I didn't say I was going to use a custom liquid Cooling solution, I never listed a cooler as a component in the original post. I also have asked for a cheap L/Corner Desk if you could find one so that was completely your choice. 

For the desk, there was no listed size constraints or preferences listed in OP. Size of monitors chosen would also affect choice of desk. My suggestion: Not Ikea. xD

Try to keep is decent? I don't really have a preference on size. Try to keep a long side 6 or less and the other around 3-4 feet. Try to keep the desk white, and decent legs. It's going to be in the corner of her room. 

If we were going by IKEA measurements I'll list them if it helps. It's three pieces for the corner desk, unless you take a longer Flat piece instead of buying the separate corner piece it'd be longer but. Ill try.

With the LINNMON Corner Desk:

The longer side would be on the Left side of the corner desk piece while the short side would be on the right.

Left Side: LINNMON 78 3/4x23 5/8

Right Side: LINNMON 47 1/4x23 5/8

Along those lines. Do you kinda understand?

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.09 @ B&H)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.78 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING Video Card  ($399.99 @ B&H)
Total: $1478.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-13 19:08 EST-0500

little bit overkill? i would go for a 5820k and a 1080 or a 6700k and a 1080 - his fiancee isn't going to be running 5 windows server VMs simulatneously - i would get a better psu for upgradability and more storage along with a 1080

25 minutes ago, Neuro said:

Try to keep is decent? I don't really have a preference on size. Try to keep a long side 6 or less and the other around 3-4 feet. Try to keep the desk white, and decent legs. It's going to be in the corner of her room. 

If we were going by IKEA measurements I'll list them if it helps. It's three pieces for the corner desk, unless you take a longer Flat piece instead of buying the separate corner piece it'd be longer but. Ill try.

With the LINNMON Corner Desk:

The longer side would be on the Left side of the corner desk piece while the short side would be on the right.

Left Side: LINNMON 78 3/4x23 5/8

Right Side: LINNMON 47 1/4x23 5/8

Along those lines. Do you kinda understand?

what about doing a nice custom desk pc build - just get some wood from home depot, or even ikea desk parts if you can find ones that can fit to make a hollow desk with a glass top - and then just cut some holes for fans and etc

6 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

little bit overkill? i would go for a 5820k and a 1080 or a 6700k and a 1080 - his fiancee isn't going to be running 5 windows server VMs simulatneously - i would get a better psu for upgradability and more storage along with a 1080

What? How is it a little bit over kill? the 6800k is the replacement for the 5820k and costs $11 more ....

Also I posted an updated build further down the thread including the monitors the OP wanted

Ryzen Ram Guide

Dont need a Cooler, and I dont wanna put alot of time into a custom desk.  Just one she can put her PC/Triple monitors on a triple mount, her fish tank, and maybe a console. and some peripherals. It's gotta be in the corner

52 minutes ago, Orianous said:

GTX 1080 may be slightly overkill, hitachi may not perform as well given it will be used for multimedia storage.

she wants gaming and rendering that's what she gets. he could instead go for a 1tb wd instead of the hitachi - but i was erring on the side of cheap and more