Apple Airpods ?

Rotterdams

So what are your thoughts about it? Will you buy it?

I will if they sound the same as the wired ones. 

Yes I know i know...its expensive....but the wired ones sound pretty good i think. Not the best for its price off course but still.

I like the concept being able to listen to music without them damn cables lol

Why would you buy anything from Apple when it comes to audio? It's always total shite, like the EarPods are. The shape is uncomfortable and they sound like someone slamming a piano with their head with classical or electronic music.

Just get some Jaybirds, or Plantronics GO

idk

8 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I like the concept being able to listen to music without them damn cables lol

*Cough* Bluetooth headphones *Cough*

Jaybird X3 is the king!

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Why would you buy anything from Apple when it comes to audio? It's always total shite, like the EarPods are. The shape is uncomfortable and they sound like someone slamming a piano with their head with classical or electronic music.

Just get some Jaybirds, or Plantronics GO

The shape is very comfortable in my opinion.

And I read alot of comments that Jaybirds have bad audio quality or a meh.

And they still have the cable. If I want to go wireless I would want to go totally wireless.

4 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

*Cough* Bluetooth headphones *Cough*

I need earbuds.

With no wire.

At all...

1 minute ago, Rotterdams said:

The shape is very comfortable in my opinion.

And I read alot of comments that Jaybirds have bad audio quality or a meh.

And they still have the cable. If I want to go wireless I would want to go totally wireless.

I have weird ears - they're just super uncomfortable for me.. with the plastic rubbing against my ears and.. they're just not nice. 

I just have the issue with the design - they're small, and prone to falling out. Trip over a rock and I bet you your bottom dollar you ain't seeing it again. 

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

I have weird ears - they're just super uncomfortable for me.. with the plastic rubbing against my ears and.. they're just not nice. 

I just have the issue with the design - they're small, and prone to falling out. Trip over a rock and I bet you your bottom dollar you ain't seeing it again. 

Thats the only thing I worried about but then I watched a few reviews on youtube and alot of people who had the beta version of the airpods say that they dont fall off.

One even tried to jump and run etc.

I just hope the sound quality is good. Which is the most important thing.

Jaybird X3 isnt even avaible in Europe yet.

3 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

I need earbuds.

With no wire.

At all...

Then I believe Apple is your only choice there.

2 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

Then I believe Apple is your only choice there.

Kinda sad that Apple is the only one out there doing this atm.

Even if the Jaybirds sounds 10-20% better. People would still prefer the Airpods because the way it has no wire at all.

Kinda sad that Apple is the only one out there doing this atm.

Even if the Jaybirds sounds 10-20% better. People would still prefer the Airpods because the way it has no wire at all.

It really is sad. Apple owns the market and has zero competition when it come to completely wireless earphones. If your not a audiophile, I'm sure the Airpods won't bug you much really.

2 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

It really is sad. Apple owns the market and has zero competition when it come to completely wireless earphones. If your not a audiophile, I'm sure the Airpods won't bug you much really.

Audiophile's always say that Apple audio products suck, but does it really? I mean how much % are the others better? If the difference is like 10-20% then people would still go for the Apple ones because they look good. All the other headphones and earbuds are just ugly and big, sadly.

If we would talk about a difference like +40% then i would be with the audiophiles and say that apple audio sucks lol

If we dont look at the price at all while doing this.

Audiophile's always say that Apple audio products suck, but does it really? I mean how much % are the others better? If the difference is like 10-20% then people would still go for the Apple ones because they look good. All the other headphones and earbuds are just ugly and big, sadly.

If we would talk about a difference like +40% then i would be with the audiophiles and say that apple audio sucks lol

Audiophiles don't care if it's 1% or 100% better. They really focus on how audio sounds, and want it as perfect as they can get. The Airpods on the other hand, strikes the usual consumer that wants life to be easy.

If you have an iphone, go with airpods, but banything else, go with the samsungs or another brand, just google it.

I don't know that I'd say they're expensive... My daily driver IEMs are $400, and I'm thinking about investing in an upgrade on those. 

IMO, bluetooth is a pain in the ass to deal with, and a total waste of battery. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 hour ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I haven't had a problem with that, it's just irritating at first when my Sony Xperia always tries to connect to the headset once you've paired with it when the Bluetooth is turned on. It doesn't bring up a pop-up, but it comes up in my Notification Bar, and that is so irritating. I got used to it, so it It doesn't bug me. It does connect easily, so it's great on a Sony, but so irritating at first. Battery is always going to be a problem with wireless, and that's why I'm hesitant to move to it.

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I don't know that I'd say they're expensive... My daily driver IEMs are $400, and I'm thinking about investing in an upgrade on those. 

Bluetooth is super easy to connect. Especially with Apple airpods and beats headphones. Never had a issue.

And its not a waste of battery really. Music drains battery anyway so a 2% battery drain just from bluetooth woudnt kill anyone.

5 hours ago, Rotterdams said:

audiophiles would not talk about sound quality with a percentage. It can bout be quantified like that.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

6 hours ago, Rotterdams said:

If we are going to talk about percentages, any old $5 pair of earbuds will do 98% of what any other headphone out there will do. They'll still play the sounds that the music has, for the most part. Audio is inherently a subjective thing.

All the other headphones are ugly and big, huh? What about the Oppo PM-3? They are just as big as a pair of over ear beats, and they look better (imo). Then there are all of the Shure/Westone earphones that are small enough to fit inside the concha of your ear, so you can comfortable lay on your side while wearing them. 

And then there are custom in ears (which is what I use on a daily basis) and those fit in my ears perfectly. They're not big, and they look really good, since you know, I designed them to my tastes. My daily driver over ears are the extremely sexy Audio Technica ATH A1000z. I wouldn't wear them outside, as that's what my customs are for, but they still look pretty damn good. 

2 hours ago, Factory OC said:

I haven't had a problem with that, it's just irritating at first when my Sony Xperia always tries to connect to the headset once you've paired with it when the Bluetooth is turned on. It doesn't bring up a pop-up, but it comes up in my Notification Bar, and that is so irritating. I got used to it, so it It doesn't bug me. It does connect easily, so it's great on a Sony, but so irritating at first. Battery is always going to be a problem with wireless, and that's why I'm hesitant to move to it.

Nah, by a pain in the ass, I mean that bluetooth is generally plagued with connection problems, and it's prone to interference in traffic heavy areas, not to mention it means one more device that I have to charge. Plus, most bluetooth solutions can barely last a plane ride, which is rather annoying when most of the high end ones are designed for exactly that (although battery life has gotten better recently, 20 hours is still barely enough for a full trip, where I'll want to listen to them from the time I'm in the airport, all the way through until I reach my destination, which can easily be a 30+ hour endeavor.

Meanwhile, I can slap my phone in airplane mode and run my CIEMs for days, literally. I once went on a 5 hour plane ride with my last phone (Galaxy S6 Edge, rooted), slapped that bitch in airplane mode, and listened to music for the whole plane ride. My phone literally lost 2% battery during the course of that entire ride. I'll take that any day over bluetooth. Not to mention, my CIEMs isolate about as well as ANC solutions do anyway. So I suppose I agree with you on the battery thing.

1 hour ago, Rotterdams said:

Bluetooth is super easy to connect. Especially with Apple airpods and beats headphones. Never had a issue.

And its not a waste of battery really. Music drains battery anyway so a 2% battery drain just from bluetooth woudnt kill anyone.

Yeah - It's not just about the battery drain on my phone. And it's definitely not a 2% difference in usage time on a single battery for my phone. I generally listen to music or some form of audio for at least 12 hours per day, so it would be a much bigger drain than that. Otherwise, see above.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

4 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Meanwhile, I can slap my phone in airplane mode and run my CIEMs for days, literally. I once went on a 5 hour plane ride with my last phone (Galaxy S6 Edge, rooted), slapped that bitch in airplane mode, and listened to music for the whole plane ride. My phone literally lost 2% battery during the course of that entire ride. I'll take that any day over bluetooth. Not to mention, my CIEMs isolate about as well as ANC solutions do anyway. So I suppose I agree with you on the battery thing.

I would take wired anyday, and I have to agree on that interference, used my friend's bluetooth headset. I alway underclock my phone, put it in airplane mode and listen to my offline music playlist. That's why I'm not really ready to move to wireless.

10 minutes ago, Factory OC said:

I would take wired anyday, and I have to agree on that interference, used my friend's bluetooth headset. I alway underclock my phone, put it in airplane mode and listen to my offline music playlist. That's why I'm not really ready to move to wireless.

Exactly. My current phone is the Galaxy S7, which has a pretty atrocious amp in it, but I can pretty easily use my Dragonfly Black if I really want to, although I'll likely just be changing my phone soon, since I'm not very happy with said amp section, particularly with sensitive IEMs. (plus, it has a ridiculously high output impedance at ~4 ohms - not good for low impedance iems.)

But, I do have a 128GB micro SD card in it, so I can put just about all the music I could ever want onto the thing, and it's not an issue. I've also been tempted to get one of the Sony DAPs, since some of them have a ~50 hour battery life, which is more than good enough for any 1 way trip. Then I can just bring a battery bank with me, charge it, and be good to go the next day.

Hey! New SIgnature!