Moving OS onto an SSD?

MeesterJackson

I feel like this is a stupid question, but If you get an SSD and already have your OS on a HDD is there a way to move the OS on the SSD? If you can, can someone link a video or tell me how to do it?

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I feel like this is a stupid question, but If you get an SSD and already have your OS on a HDD is there a way to move the OS on the SSD? If you can, can someone link a video or tell me how to do it?

What company did you buy the SSD from. Is it by intel or samsung. Usually they will give you a tool to migrate your stuff over with.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

What company did you buy the SSD from. Is it by intel or samsung. Usually they will give you a tool to migrate your stuff over with.

I don't own one yet, I always wondered how you do it. I may get one later. 

Ah ok well thats how it is usually done, and of course like @CwGoh said you can always just find freeware. (be careful sometimes they are a little sketchy)  :ph34r:

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

Just do a reinstall :D

The migration tools move the entire drive data over to ssd, if you strictly want the OS on the ssd probably have to do a fresh reinstall. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Didn't buy the OS came with the older computer. 

:(