Looking for a quality sound bar. Razer?

EnazAF

First off, I have zero clue what to look for in a sound bar. I have a 60" Samsung TV with all the appropriate outputs like optical and HDMI. The tv fires sound at the wall which sucks 99% of the time. It doesn't have to be mind-blowingly loud, just quality audio for myself and the female to enjoy movies and games better. I've always been a fan of Razer and came across their sound bar on Amazon. It has some pretty nice reviews and the price does not seem to bad to me, but like I said I have no clue about any audio equipment. I would, however like someone that would work off of just 1 remote.

Razer Leviathan via Amazon

Thanks in advance.

Please consider something other than a sound bar.  Having separate speakers are absolutely superior.  What's your preferred budget?

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

I'm guessing the Polk Audio MagniFi would be worth a look too for a little bit more.

Audio and Razer don't mix (Razer just isn't great as it is).

I have a Samsung sound bar with a sub behind the couch at the house and it sounds fine. It isn't super amazing but it sounds good enough in my opinion for a sound bar. I think anything would be better than Razer though, so avoid Razer and you should do fine.

Most agree that there are superior solutions to sound bars. You can do really cheap surround sound and if you don't want surround I suggest you grab these.

Micca PB42X

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

10 minutes ago, EnazAF said:

First off, I have zero clue what to look for in a sound bar. I have a 60" Samsung TV with all the appropriate outputs like optical and HDMI. The tv fires sound at the wall which sucks 99% of the time. It doesn't have to be mind-blowingly loud, just quality audio for myself and the female to enjoy movies and games better. I've always been a fan of Razer and came across their sound bar on Amazon. It has some pretty nice reviews and the price does not seem to bad to me, but like I said I have no clue about any audio equipment. I would, however like someone that would work off of just 1 remote.

Razer Leviathan via Amazon

Thanks in advance.

I saw the Leviathan in that harrods (london) >>>It sounds good man!!<<< I don't know much about the tech specs but it is good.

9 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Please consider something other than a sound bar.  Having separate speakers are absolutely superior.  What's your preferred budget?

I'd like to stay under $150. The room is rather small, but i do have room on my stand for some smallish speakers.

Monoprice 114567

Micca MB42X

Get this combo if you really want a subwoofer.

The Louvre

The Leviathan has 4 drivers, 2 mid range(The bigger ones they produce low end like bassy sounds) then the tweeters(The smaller ones).  My personal suggestion is that you purchase the PB42X from Micca, you don't need a subwoofer but if you REALLY want one later on then pick up the monoprice one or one from Polk if you want to shell out some extra.

The Louvre

The PB42X have slightly larger drivers, and they are powered so you don't have to worry buying an amp for them.  The MB42X are NOT powered so if you buy those then you'd have to get an amp.

The Louvre

Thanks for the info. Seems a better buy. I am not to worried about the subwoofer and like you said I can add one later.