Skyrim modding

BurntNewt

I've recently decided to get some mods but they have been lagging my game severely but my pc should easily be able to handle it can anyone help my pc specs are : msi h110m micro atx gaming core i5 6400 8 gigs of crucial ram gtx 970 4gb 1tb hdd and a 550 watt power supply (in not putting case because it shouldn't affect gameplay)

2 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

What mod did u use?

ENB,overhaul??

That's the thing just like model hair and face stuff like Cbbe (and cbbe armor)and some other mods wouldn't even run a replica of hyrule mod 

I don't know what is going on my computer should be able to run these mods and then some 

Just now, Thread212 said:

I run more than 100+ mods on my PC with nexus mod manager and it run just fine.

I'ill come back for u on this tomorrow.. my times is up.

Sleep time. 

Ok 

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

I run more than 100+ mods on my PC with nexus mod manager and it run just fine.

I'ill come back for u on this tomorrow.. my times is up.

Sleep time. 

Yeah it doesn't sound like a hardware issue.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

47 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Yeah it doesn't sound like a hardware issue.

That's what I was thinking but I'm not sure 

What mod manager are you using?

What res are you playing at?

What texture have you installed?

What enb are you running? 

Have you installed hdt enabled mods?

Do you have alot of script mods? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

37 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

What mod manager are you using?

What res are you playing at?

What texture have you installed?

What enb are you running? 

Have you installed hdt enabled mods?

Do you have alot of script mods? 

nexus mod manager

1920X1080

cbbe, bellas beutiful females

none

no

no

i'm using skyrim script extender 

although no mods im using at the moment require skyrim script extender

I am also using some armor mods  

23 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

nexus mod manager

1920X1080

cbbe, bellas beutiful females

none

no

no

i'm using skyrim script extender 

although no mods im using at the moment require skyrim script extender

I am also using some armor mods  

Now that's odd. Have you tried mo instead of nmm?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

SSE or oldrim?  Though originally I and many thought that we'd be able to use textures/meshes/armours mods for the original game it turns out that it is unwise.  So just be sure the mods you install are for the correct version of skyrim.  Also try opening task manager and right clicking TESV.exe and increasing the priority to high just to see if it helps(helps me).  But otherwise off the cuff not seeing any particular reason why you'd be having perf issues.

:edit: actually what is your save game filesize?  Is your save bloated?  and how many approx hours has the save been for (related to size in a relative sense)

6 hours ago, Aytex said:

First off, don't use Nexus mod manager

Download Mod organizer

Run the LOOT 

Can you send me a link 

15 hours ago, MoonSpot said:

SSE or oldrim?  Though originally I and many thought that we'd be able to use textures/meshes/armours mods for the original game it turns out that it is unwise.  So just be sure the mods you install are for the correct version of skyrim.  Also try opening task manager and right clicking TESV.exe and increasing the priority to high just to see if it helps(helps me).  But otherwise off the cuff not seeing any particular reason why you'd be having perf issues.

:edit: actually what is your save game filesize?  Is your save bloated?  and how many approx hours has the save been for (related to size in a relative sense)

Can you walk me through this I'm very confused 

im using sse

49 minutes ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

Are you testing these mods one at a time?

The number of mods literally doesn't matter, but you want to test them one at a time, so you know where the problem is. The Type of mods, intensity, how much of EACH mod, etc. is what matters. It also helps to look at your usage (VRAM/RAM/CPU/Memmory/etc.). 

When you get more experienced (and understand what you're doing), you'll be able to skip testing certain mods one at a time (as in, when you CTD, you know exactly what mod caused it, or at least roughly)

It also doesn't matter if you use NMM or MO at this point. The person from MO joined the NMM team, so I would imagine a lot of MO's features are coming to NMM anyways, so sticking with NMM might save you some trouble in the future.

Gamerpoets has excellent guides if you're feeling lost. If you're dowloading the mods straight from SSE, then the older guides should work just fine too. If you're importing mods, I think they have a guide on that too, if you're confused, I'd recommend sticking with SSE converted mods only until you solve your problem. 

Hope it helps.

ive been getting my mods from nexus  or is sse the same thing

Edited by BurntNewt

3 hours ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

I think I know what the problem is. So there's the Skyrim Nexus page, and the Skyrim SE Nexus Page. Can you verify that, for the SE version, ALL of the mods you are using came from the SE version of the nexus? If you're straight downloading them, then in general that could be what's causing it. (I remember hearing about Meshes causing lag/frame problems but I think some people didn't get it). 

In otherwords

Skyrim Nexus SE for Skyrim SE Mods

Skyrim NExus for Skyrim (old)

If you mix and match, you will need to be sure that each file is prepared to do so which I would avoid while you try to fix your problem)

ok I wasn't clear I didn't not download any skyrim special edition mods this is all for original skyrim  

17 minutes ago, BurntNewt said:

ok I wasn't clear I didn't not download any skyrim special edition mods this is all for original skyrim  

7 hours ago, BurntNewt said:

im using sse

Are you sure about that?  If you didn't understand the difference between SSE and Old Skyrim before, how do you know you didn't install ones form the wrong versions?

Do remember that Armour mods generally have meshes and textures in them.

15 minutes ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

Okay, so that makes things more difficult. What OS are you on? if you're on windows 10 (and I think 8, but I don't remember) you will have vram limitations. No matter how much RAM you have, you will only have 4gb ish worth of VRAM (the size can only be increased in windows 7, using enb, and then it's up to 10240). 4gb is included when swapping from VRAM to RAM, as far as I understand it.

The limitations you're referring to for windows 10 was for Old Skyrim.  Actually they were for DX9/32-bit and not about any particular game or OS.  There were however methods to patch or workarounds where the OS would make a difference.  For instance DX9 on Win7.

Either way this shouldn't be the case with SSE (DX11/64-bit) regardless of which version of windows.

41 minutes ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

The OP said it was for original skyrim. I think you're getting way too caught up in the exact wording of what I said there. 

Probably right, I do tend to do that.  However the OP also said they're using SSE, so... :shrugs:

I'll just excuse myself.  Happy holidays!

17 hours ago, CoolJ S.A.S. said:

No worries, I'm actually confused now, I thought the OP was saying he/she was using the original. :/

i am using the original and i only downloaded mods from nexus i think i fixed the issue i unintalled some mods and reinstalled them and it fixed I also got rid of some that did not have all the files 

Edit:I prefer attack helicopter (jk)