Your opinion and suggestions on this build

I am about to buy the items from this build.

Please let me know your opinion about the build and any incompatibilities that I might have overlooked.

My use cases are Heavy Gaming and Minimal Level of Content Creation including 3D Design Softwares.

CPU

Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Cooler

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RAM

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory

SSD

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

HDD

Western Digital Blue 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Gaming X Video Card

Case

NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply

Corsair RM650 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor

Acer G257HU smidpx 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor

Case Lighting

Deepcool RGB 350 Color LED

Could not find a reasonable option for an NVME SSD in India. If anyone has any suggestions, you are most welcome.

Edited by Shreet174

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

What is this going to cost you? 

When you say 3D design, which programs do you talk about? 

Its going to cost around 150,000 INR(about 2200 usd).

programs for now will be autodesk 3ds max, maya, daz3d and I might need to use other softwares too in near future.

I am by no mean an expert, but my gf works in 3D modeling as a side project and a single frame in a video she's making takes about 1 hour to render (multiply by 60.. lol). 

She has a quadcore i7, and the rendering times are really slow (using Maya). 
I would consider picking up something that has more cores than a i7 6700k, if you can afford it obviously

1 minute ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

I am by no mean an expert, but my gf is a 3D modeling and a single frame in a video she's making takes about 1 hour to render (multiply by 60.. lol). 

She has a quadcore i7, and the rendering times are really slow (using Maya). 
I would consider picking up something that has more cores than a i7 6700k, if you can afford it obviously

ya i have heard that professional level 3d modelling requires a cpu with more cores but my priority is gaming.

i am also very new to 3d and wont be doing a lot of heavy work. i went for i7 over i5 6600k so that i could get something that doesnt totally kill the potential for content creation.

What PSU?

Also for the CPU cooler look into a beQuiet! PURE ROCK, or low end Cryorig cooler

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

What PSU?

Also for the CPU cooler look into a beQuiet! PURE ROCK, or low end Cryorig cooler

Corsair Rmx 650.

Ok, will definitely do. I was looking for a cheap option right now. I might upgrade to liquid cooling in like 6 months-1 year.

Are you able to get an X99 mobo and something like a 5820K instead? prices have dropped recently but it may still depend on your local market. 

This allows you to go for a xeon in the future or an 8-core, which is more appropriate for content creation. In the short term the extra 2 cores could really help your workflow. 

Additionally, I would go for a 512gb SSD instead, even if it is a cheaper one like an sp550 etc. The 250gb, especially for your use could be an issue. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

36 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Are you able to get an X99 mobo and something like a 5820K instead? prices have dropped recently but it may still depend on your local market. 

This allows you to go for a xeon in the future or an 8-core, which is more appropriate for content creation. In the short term the extra 2 cores could really help your workflow. 

Additionally, I would go for a 512gb SSD instead, even if it is a cheaper one like an sp550 etc. The 250gb, especially for your use could be an issue. 

Content creation is a thing that is not my main requirement. Its more like an educational or a beginner hobbyist kind of thing and not a professional thing. I need a system that is BEST for gaming first. Therefore, I cannot go for an older gen processor.

Technically the 5820K is an older gen processor, in the same way that the 6700K is about to be replaced by the 7700K in just 1-2 months, but I understand your predicament. 

The issue is that you are building a pc right now, and the 5820K is a better all rounder for you, the extra cores help with your 3d modelling work and you are on a platform that allows upgrading to a CPU with more cores rather than some frequency. 

While indeed, strictly speaking the 6700K is best for games, the difference is minimal at best. 

It is my personal opinion that the 5820K would be better for you than the 6700K, that said, its your money, purchase whichever you feel is best. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

32 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Technically the 5820K is an older gen processor, in the same way that the 6700K is about to be replaced by the 7700K in just 1-2 months, but I understand your predicament. 

The issue is that you are building a pc right now, and the 5820K is a better all rounder for you, the extra cores help with your 3d modelling work and you are on a platform that allows upgrading to a CPU with more cores rather than some frequency. 

While indeed, strictly speaking the 6700K is best for games, the difference is minimal at best. 

It is my personal opinion that the 5820K would be better for you than the 6700K, that said, its your money, purchase whichever you feel is best. 

You are absolutely right. i7 was a weaker choice in terms of content creation when I compared.

Really, the thing is that Gaming is the thing that I am into right now and content creation is like a novelty for me.

This guy reviews some benchmarks. The 5820K seems to have a marginally better performance of the 3. The reason why the 6700K is better for a gaming pc is because the platform ranges to about $100 less than for the 5820K, depending on mobo and Ram choice. If gaming is the raison d'etre of the system, then those $100 can be better used elsewhere e.g. GPU, larger SSD etc. so the issue is opportunity cost. 

I have seen tests showing the 5820K at anywhere +-2 fps from the 6700K depending on the game and other factors. So if there is any content creation/3d modelling in your workflow the 5820K is simply the best way to go, especially since prices have decreased, and it allows for more upgradeability without changing the entire platform. 

Be warned however, someone may say, the 6600K is also a good performer, so by the same token, why not save the x amount and go for that instead? That used to be the case, however, the 6600K is proven to bottleneck the GTX 1070. 

29 minutes ago, cc143 said:

This guy reviews some benchmarks. The 5820K seems to have a marginally better performance of the 3. The reason why the 6700K is better for a gaming pc is because the platform ranges to about $100 less than for the 5820K, depending on mobo and Ram choice. If gaming is the raison d'etre of the system, then those $100 can be better used elsewhere e.g. GPU, larger SSD etc. so the issue is opportunity cost. 

I have seen tests showing the 5820K at anywhere +-2 fps from the 6700K depending on the game and other factors. So if there is any content creation/3d modelling in your workflow the 5820K is simply the best way to go, especially since prices have decreased, and it allows for more upgradeability without changing the entire platform. 

Be warned however, someone may say, the 6600K is also a good performer, so by the same token, why not save the x amount and go for that instead? That used to be the case, however, the 6600K is proven to bottleneck the GTX 1070. 

Oh! I didnt know that 6600k could become a bottleneck with 1070.

I thought a lot on the thing about 5820k vs 6700k vs 4790k. Those were clearly performing better but the edge that I got from 6700k was the 14 nm architecture of skylake thats missing from old gen. As far as 7700k goes, Kabylake will be more expensive at first and it has the same architecture that doesnt give much better performance to price ratio to skylake.

6 minutes ago, Shreet174 said:

Oh! I didnt know that 6600k could become a bottleneck with 1070.

I thought a lot on the thing about 5820k vs 6700k vs 4790k. Those were clearly performing better but the edge that I got from 6700k was the 14 nm architecture of skylake thats missing from old gen. As far as 7700k goes, Kabylake will be more expensive at first and it has the same architecture that doesnt give much better performance to price ratio to skylake.

Exactly my point.

The more recent architecture of the 6700K doesn't make it perform better than the 5820K, simply because it has 2 extra cores. Whats more, buying into Skylake means you have no upgrade path, without changing your entire platform, since as you said, the 7700K, the best processor on the socket, is simply not worth the cost benefit. On the LGA2011 socket however, you have options to upgrade if you find, in a year, that content creation is not just a passtime for you any longer. 

That is my suggestion and why I put it forth. 

29 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Exactly my point.

The more recent architecture of the 6700K doesn't make it perform better than the 5820K, simply because it has 2 extra cores. Whats more, buying into Skylake means you have no upgrade path, without changing your entire platform, since as you said, the 7700K, the best processor on the socket, is simply not worth the cost benefit. On the LGA2011 socket however, you have options to upgrade if you find, in a year, that content creation is not just a passtime for you any longer. 

That is my suggestion and why I put it forth. 

The thing that you mentioned about the LGA2011 being able to be upgraded, is something that I might look into. The downside about processors that made me feel a little nervous was the lack of upgradability coz everything else almost can be multiplied or added but not processors. Though I still might stick to the LGA1151 processors, just bcz of being the most fresh option but I will have have to look up the thing u mentioned.

Thanks mate.