Radeon R9 290 (non-X) Launch Pushed Back a Week

everything count to life

yeah, a few people have had issues although they did just release 13.11 beta 8 which is meet to fix some of the issues along with BSODS when BF4 rotated maps.

Downloading them now, although the fixes seem to be for Win8 but heres hoping it fixes my BF4 crashes.

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

Any news on whether this will be able to get custom coolers at launch? Seems like this would make much more sense than a 780 (after the price drop) if that allows it to have some decent OC headroom.

Is the question if the 290 even has a different pcb. If I remember correctly some 7950 versions had the same pcb as their 7970 equivalents.

So it's possible the 290 is going to have the same pcb and with that, no customs at launch. But someone here on the forums postet that Linus

and Elric stated they were getting their custom cooler 290x's this or next week ?! Maybe that's also a reason why AMD pushed back the release.

Great that they held back on the release date to get more performance out of this card and to destroy Nvidia cards. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Is the question if the 290 even has a different pcb. If I remember correctly some 7950 versions had the same pcb as their 7970 equivalents.

So it's possible the 290 is going to have the same pcb and with that, no customs at launch. But someone here on the forums postet that Linus

and Elric stated they were getting their custom cooler 290x's this or next week ?! Maybe that's also a reason why AMD pushed back the release.

Yeah it's really confusing, some are saying we'll see them in December some are saying in a few weeks. Even if they have the same pcb they might still restrict companies on that card only similar to titan vs 780. That doesn't mean we won't see any compatible custom coolers, just that we'll have to buy them aftermarket (which we can already find).