Re live update

sniip
1 minute ago, manikyath said:

that's on the nvidia side, and they have baicly admitted fault, and offered several means of going at it to get it fixed.

Yeah, they offered to send the pads or get them replaced for free. But I haven't heard anything else related to VRMs. Also I will probably take RX480 MSI Gaming X edition :)

Just now, sniip said:

Yeah, they offered to send the pads or get them replaced for free. But I haven't heard anything else related to VRMs. Also I will probably take RX480 MSI Gaming X edition :)

there's some RX cards where the VRMs are basicly the cheapest thing they could find, which pretty much reduces OC potential to zero.

17 minutes ago, sniip said:

So you would recommend me to get the RX480 right? Also both cards would be MSI Gaming X variants. And what about overclocks, does RX480 really do better overclock?

XFX GTR, HIS and sapphire nitro are the best overclocking 480s. MSI gaming is just the quietest. The 1st 3 also have the best out of box performance for people who don't want to overclock because they come shipped with better boost clocks.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

???

Also known as nvidia drivers are better,not saying amd drivers are not good,they are just worse than nvidia ones. Frame drops on amd cards are more usual.

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

XFX GTR, HIS and sapphire nitro are the best overclocking 480s. MSI gaming is just the quietest. The 1st 3 also have the best out of box performance for people who don't want to overclock because they come shipped with better boost clocks.

Sadly XFX GTR is not available in my country :/ would definitely went for that one... Also sapphire nitro didn't seamed too amazing so I taught MSI Gaming would be nice, because I like quiet systems.

49 minutes ago, sniip said:

Sadly XFX GTR is not available in my country :/ would definitely went for that one... Also sapphire nitro didn't seamed too amazing so I taught MSI Gaming would be nice, because I like quiet systems.

If noise if a priority, then go with MSI. Just have it in mind not to expect a lot from overclocking. They have only 4 phases for the core compared the typical 6 from most other 480s. You can still get some respectable overclocks. I've seen them get 1420 MHz which is still really good.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit