LGA 1151 or LGA 2011v3 for Future Proofing CPu

Im planning a build that is future proof.I want a cpu that is awesome right now but after 4 years it will just be a simple upgrade.. but should i go with lga1151 or lga2011v3. Main purpose is gaming.. streaming content .watching Linus ?

I've narrowed it down to this..

i7 6700k and Asus Z170 Pro gaming (if intel is still going to use lga1151 socket after 2020)

If not.. then;

Intel i7 6800k or 6850k with Asus x99 

Other specs;

Anything else please specify..

Gpu Rx 480 8 gb.(will buy another one and run them in crossfire in the upcomijg years.)

HDD and SSD some drives lying around. SSD as boot

RAM Have 2x8Gb DDR4 

Others dont matter i guess..

Tnx 

You can't really future proof. Even if 8th gen CPU's use 1151, they will need newer chipsets. LGA 2011-v3 is also near its end. Though a 6800k will probably hold its value better due to its higher core count. I would wait for zen though, it might really shake things up with how AMD is pricing them.

2 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

You can't really future proof. Even if 8th gen CPU's use 1151, they will need newer chipsets. LGA 2011-v3 is also near its end. Though a 6800k will probably hold its value better due to its higher core count. I would wait for zen though, it might really shake things up with how AMD is pricing them.

Thanks for replying..

Lets say if im not satisfied with what zen is offering. then what  should i spring for??

3 minutes ago, _ashwin_ram said:

Thanks for replying..

Lets say if im not satisfied with what zen is offering. then what  should i spring for??

If you're mostly gaming, 7700k, unless you want to wait until q2 2017. It's going be have faster cores than any 2011 CPU. I still have hope in AMD, and though they won't be as fast as Intel, I think it will force them to lower their prices a bit. Either way, Intel is going to be faster, but you might save a bunch of money by waiting.

6 minutes ago, Cube_Dragon137 said:

I would highly recommend wait. Kaby Lake (200 series chipsets) are just around the corner, and so is LGA 2066 (successor to LGA 2011v3).

I wouldn't mind waiting but im on a budget though. thanks for replying.

If im going to wait then i have go with Amd then... intel cpus are ??

8 minutes ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

If you're mostly gaming, 7700k, unless you want to wait until q2 2017. It's going be have faster cores than any 2011 CPU. I still have hope in AMD, and though they won't be as fast as Intel, I think it will force them to lower their prices a bit. Either way, Intel is going to be faster, but you might save a bunch of money by waiting.

Thanks.. I'll wait for amd. is the am3 + socket dead or alive..?

Just now, _ashwin_ram said:

Thanks.. I'll wait for amd. is the am3 + socket dead or alive..?

Dead.

1 minute ago, 3DGamerOnSteam said:

Dead.

Gee thanks u saved me a lot of money then. i was soo close in buying an amd 8370