SRT-4

Paytend01

Ok so not really a car guy but i want to have a sexy car that performs decent in afew years. I stumbled upon the dodge neon srt-4, they dont seem to expensive and look like they can compete. Any suggestions car guys?

There is a car topic. Ask there? 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

There is a car topic. Ask there? 

Its off topic, Its free here :P. But i will ask there as well i guess. Do you by chance have a link to it?

I'd get a motorbike, motorbikes are cool, cooler than what I used to commute on (the good old BR class 150)

Considering that the SCCA has a whole division dedicated to Neons I'd say it's a solid choice. Also parts are cheap even for the good ones and not just the generics. Used to own one up until a few years ago. Really liked it. Wish I could remember the forum but they had a very solid build guide for different types of competitions Rally, Autocross, dedicated Track, even drag (v8 swapped neons are weird). Just avoid getting one that is black unless you plan to repaint. The paint never is taken care of when it's black.

7 hours ago, Paytend01 said:

Ok so not really a car guy but i want to have a sexy car that performs decent in afew years. I stumbled upon the dodge neon srt-4, they dont seem to expensive and look like they can compete. Any suggestions car guys?

You think a neon is sexy? :o

Get an Evo 8 or 9.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

47 minutes ago, vong said:

You think a neon is sexy? :o

Get an Evo 8 or 9.

For the price? Yeah man. They are pretty fast as well

14 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

For the price? Yeah man. They are pretty fast as well

Hmm, I don't know how much they go for in the states. Meh if it suits your tastes then go for it. I've read they can be crazy fast with the right mods.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

1 minute ago, vong said:

Hmm, I don't know how much they go for in the states. Meh if it suits your tastes then go for it. I've read they can be crazy fast with the right mods.

Yeah, for like 5,000 USD they can just be ridiculous. Parts arent to expensive for them neither are body kits (Because the car is kinda ugly stock lol)

2 minutes ago, Paytend01 said:

Yeah, for like 5,000 USD they can just be ridiculous. Parts arent to expensive for them neither are body kits (Because the car is kinda ugly stock lol)

Yeah they're ugly as f*ck so that's' my reason against getting one lol It's like a Fiat 500 mixed with Chevy Cobalt.

10 hours ago, Paytend01 said:

In my personal opinion, the neon is not fucking sexy at all. It's also (in my opinion) a terrible car. It's tiny and feels like a little death trap. I hate Civics, but I honestly feel a Civic is a better car of that sub-compact/compact category.

If you want a sexy, small, quick car, go look at some of the VW Golf's (GTI if you can afford one). Ford Focus also has some sexy variants, if you're looking for the more "rally/sporty" look.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 12/6/2016 at 5:43 AM, vong said:

Get an Evo 8 or 9.

He isn't a car guy. A bit too big of a challenge. A WRX would be better IMO.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

On 12/6/2016 at 10:41 AM, dalekphalm said:

In my personal opinion, the neon is not fucking sexy at all. It's also (in my opinion) a terrible car. It's tiny and feels like a little death trap. I hate Civics, but I honestly feel a Civic is a better car of that sub-compact/compact category.

If you want a sexy, small, quick car, go look at some of the VW Golf's (GTI if you can afford one). Ford Focus also has some sexy variants, if you're looking for the more "rally/sporty" look.

Like ken blocks car?

On 12/5/2016 at 11:14 PM, Paytend01 said:

Neons were a joke for their reliability factor, but the newer ones are decent. You should get a 4x4 because they are more safer and its very hard to get stuck easily.

Neons are fucking cheap. They are just your every day car. They probably got a 1.9L so they are good on gas.

3 hours ago, RGProductions said:

He isn't a car guy. A bit too big of a challenge. A WRX would be better IMO.

But he knows what an SRT-4 is? Challenge how? The 4G63 is better than the EJ20/25 at power/dollar too.

6 hours ago, vong said:

But he knows what an SRT-4 is? Challenge how? The 4G63 is better than the EJ20/25 at power/dollar too.

Just because he knows what an SRT-4 is doesn't mean he has any general skills in cars or mechanics. I've heard of the SRT-4, and I have no idea what the fuck the other things you mentioned are - I would make an educated guess that they are engine variants, but they could just as easily be manufacturer SKU's for Ice Cream.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

14 hours ago, vong said:

To maintain, not blow up.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

On 12/6/2016 at 1:14 AM, Paytend01 said:

Neon's are crap dont buy one unless your good with a wrench however they can be fast but meh they sound like a angry weed-whacker and look like a econobox with a ricer kit on it. Also if your looking strictly power per dollar there are a lot better cars out there. Namely old ls1 camaros and old mustangs you can get for dirt cheap prices now.

Here's my opinion on a car

Don't buy a dodge, chevy, ford, etc. Especially if it's old. If you want something solid and reliable, go Asian. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi all make solid, durable, and affordable cars.

It sounds like you want a sports car too. Now something like an older EVO, or WRX/STI would be a great option, but I would recommend a Subi before a Mitsu. Evo's are not as forgiving to drive as a WRX. Both are amazing cars, and are fast as fuck, and fun as all hell to drive. One thing you really need to remember is get any used car inspected. Especially with older cars. Chances are something like an EVO, WRX, skyline, etc are going to have been romped on. No one buys a car like that to treat it well. They're all driven very hard. So be very problem, and expect problems down the road.

Now judging by your posts you really don't know anything about cars. So before you buy a car, specifically a sports car research that car. Don't buy it because it looks like "ken blocks car" or "has cool body kits". And on that topic, if you get a nice car (i.e. for the love of fuck don't mod a compact sedan) don't buy bullshit fuckoff mods. INVEST for GOOD QUALITY preformance mods. Don't buy faggy body kits, or big fuck off wings. Invest in the shit that counts, like headers, exhaust, CAI, bushings, etc. 

Just strapping an ebay body kit on a nice car is going to catch you a lot of flack in the car community.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, Statik said:

Here's my opinion on a car

Don't buy a dodge, chevy, ford, etc. Especially if it's old. If you want something solid and reliable, go Asian. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi all make solid, durable, and affordable cars.

It sounds like you want a sports car too. Now something like an older EVO, or WRX/STI would be a great option, but I would recommend a Subi before a Mitsu. Evo's are not as forgiving to drive as a WRX. Both are amazing cars, and are fast as fuck, and fun as all hell to drive. One thing you really need to remember is get any used car inspected. Especially with older cars. Chances are something like an EVO, WRX, skyline, etc are going to have been romped on. No one buys a car like that to treat it well. They're all driven very hard. So be very problem, and expect problems down the road.

Now judging by your posts you really don't know anything about cars. So before you buy a car, specifically a sports car research that car. Don't buy it because it looks like "ken blocks car" or "has cool body kits". And on that topic, if you get a nice car (i.e. for the love of fuck don't mod a compact sedan) don't buy bullshit fuckoff mods. INVEST for GOOD QUALITY preformance mods. Don't buy faggy body kits, or big fuck off wings. Invest in the shit that counts, like headers, exhaust, CAI, bushings, etc. 

Just strapping an ebay body kit on a nice car is going to catch you a lot of flack in the car community.

Yeah, im not really car guy and from what i have seen the srt-4's are meh... but cheapish. the only reason i was talking about like body kits was because of some models of the srt-4 being ugly as hell. 

Just get a GTX Titan XP