Gaming/office chair suggestion

t33to

Hey LTT,

Im finding the purchasing of a gaming chair to be rather difficult. I'm 5'8, 150lbs and my current chair is just some office chair thats completely blown out after many years of use. I need some suggestions for a good chair for someone of my height and weight. Color/look is completely irrelevent to me, all I care about is price and comfort.

Any suggestions?

You have 2 choices. You have high-end office chairs, which can range in price from $500 to $1500.

They are claimed to be actually engineered to the body shape and high quality.

Or you can get the "gaming" chairs which are just cheap car racing seats put onto normal chair legs system (hence the racing look). Being car seats, they are indeed designed for extended sitting period (designed for several hours of driving).

1 hour ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

you trying to get a chair or pick a girl up?

The DXRacers are well-reviewed if a little overpriced

I'm stating my over all body shape so people similar to me in size can report to me how comfy their chair is. Ill check into the DXRacers.

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

You have 2 choices. You have high-end office chairs, which can range in price from $500 to $1500.

They are claimed to be actually engineered to the body shape and high quality.

Or you can get the "gaming" chairs which are just cheap car racing seats put onto normal chair legs system (hence the racing look). Being car seats, they are indeed designed for extended sitting period (designed for several hours of driving).

Thanks for the info.

Do either of you guys have any experience with these high end chairs? What chairs do you guys use, are you happy with the, and how big weight/height are you guys? How long is your average sitting session. I should have been more specific that I was looking for personal reviews and opinions on chairs. My bad.

59 minutes ago, t33to said:

I'm stating my over all body shape so people similar to me in size can report to me how comfy their chair is. Ill check into the DXRacers.

Thanks for the info.

Do either of you guys have any experience with these high end chairs? What chairs do you guys use, are you happy with the, and how big weight/height are you guys? How long is your average sitting session. I should have been more specific that I was looking for personal reviews and opinions on chairs. My bad.

I am looking myself.

There's no such thing as a 'gaming chair'. With that said, if you're sitting most of the day - do your back a favor because nothing is worse than having lower back pain by the time you're in your mid 20's. Check out stuff from Herman Miller and Steelcase. A quality chair will last you a long time (you'll save money in the long run).

I recently purchased a HM aeron and I couldn't be happier.

Some recommendations

HM - Embody (most expensive option)
HM - Aeron
HM - Mirra 2 (cheaper option)

Steelcase - Leap
Steelcase - Think

All Herman Miller products come with a 12 year warranty btw. Not too sure about steelcase though. Also, HM is having their annual 15% off sale till the 12th.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Thanks eLucid. I'll definitely check those out.

May I ask how tall you are and how much time you spend each day in that chair you just bought?

28 minutes ago, t33to said:

Thanks eLucid. I'll definitely check those out.

May I ask how tall you are and how much time you spend each day in that chair you just bought?

I'm 5'8" 155lbs and I spend roughly 10 hrs a day (on average) on the PC.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

20 minutes ago, eLucid said:

I'm 5'8" 155lbs and I spend roughly 10 hrs a day (on average) on the PC.

Well that sounds almost exactly like me. I'll definitely be looking for a retailer of those chairs you suggested.

23 hours ago, t33to said:

Hey LTT,

Im finding the purchasing of a gaming chair to be rather difficult. I'm 5'8, 150lbs and my current chair is just some office chair thats completely blown out after many years of use. I need some suggestions for a good chair for someone of my height and weight. Color/look is completely irrelevent to me, all I care about is price and comfort.

Any suggestions?

I'm about the same height and weight and looked around lots and finally found dx racer looked up reviews and videos and such and said fuck it and bought dx racer f zero series and it's compfy for hours beyond end and hugs your body it's well made and worth it to me. I've had it a year now and still looks like new

22 hours ago, t33to said:

Do either of you guys have any experience with these high end chairs? 

To be fair, chairs don't get better than Herman Miller Aeron or Steelcase Ergohuman. Used the Aeron myself for about out 2 months on the job, and if I had the money I wouldn't hesitate. $1000+

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.